Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Mr. Taillight High Beam Fog Light Kits

Old 04-13-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you may have noticed that when you click on the high beams the fog lamps turn off. I am planning on adding HIDs soon and do not want to them to turn off. On my truck I have a harness patch that causes my fogs and low beams to stay on when I switch to high.

http://www.highbeamkits.com/index.php?cPat...d82bc67fd0de14b

Mr. Tail light does not make a similar product for our cars so has anyone on here wired their fogs to stay on when on high and if so do you have a schematic available?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM

Go to battery fuse box pull your Fog light relay. For the 2 holes going front to back, short that shit(put in like 14 gauge wire. Your fogs will now be on 100% of the time when your headlights are on.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:07 PM

Hmm well I guess that's one way to do it...I wonder why I didn't think of that? I guess I figure it would be more complicated.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've tried finding a way to do something similar. I want to be able to turn on my fogs whenever I have my parking lights on, completely independent of the headlights. That way they can be on either without headlights, or with high beams.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a way yet... Haven't worked terribly hard on it, but does anyone else have a suggestion?
Not intending to hijack, I think this is just an expansion of your question.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM

My technique will work when parking lights are on. Because it is getting power from the Tail light relay. smile.gif
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Oh cool!! But I'm not sure which part you're supposed to short together... And I assume you put the foglight relay back in too? Any chance you could get a picture?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check your state's auxiliary lighting laws. You may only be able to have 2 sets of lights on at a time. I know this law is in my home state (Montana) and in the state I reside(South Carolina). It's not legal if you have more then 2 sets of lamps over a certain brightness running at a time.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 AM

^^ That is true. However, if my high beams are on, there shouldn't be anybody around, so nobody will know. Plus, I prefer the convenience of driving with just my fogs on, no headlights, no high beams, so it's worth doing for me.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 AM

Strike, I haven't went out and looked yet but on relays of this type it will have four pins. Look on the side and you'll see a little diagram drawn on it. Short the two pins that are NOT the ones denoted on the pic with the little coil looking symbol. Those energize the relay and shorting them will probably blown a fuse. You will need to leave the relay out for this cause you'll just make a little jumper wire to fit in the socket. As cheesebox said they'll be on anytime the parking lights are. The foglight switch on the dash will no longer work if you care because it is connected to the two pins I told you not to short. As far as laws are concerned, DTN piped in with a good point but frankly there is a law against doing ANYTHING to your car somewhere...that's just one of my peeves which I'll not vent in this thread...
SCREW THE MAN...damn see I did it anyway wink1.gif
Old 04-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Just looked at it, and the relay has four pins. Two are horizontal, one on top of the other, then below that, two are vertical, next to each other. Sorta like this:

__
__

| |

Do I short the top two? Sorta thought I did, but wanted to be sure...
Also, is there any way of doing this so the switch still works?