Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Motoria Silencer Won't Stay On

Old 03-24-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thing is a pain in the arse to get to stay on. Even though my exhaust setup already sounds damned good, I experimented with the Motoria silencer and not only does it still sound just as deep, but that header buzz almost completely dissapeared. It is like impossible to keep on though, I tightened the washer like a mother and it still isn't staying on. Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 PM

The silencer is a pain to fit right and it doesn't really make the exhaust much quieter. I wrapped the outside of the silencer in muffler tape to build up the edges so it would fit in snuggly. It works fine now.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:29 PM

Are you kidding me?!?! Silencer did wonders! What is your setup, Showoff? I've got R-Side 4-2-1, 16" Magnaflow cat, 35" thrush glasspack, and Motoria piping. Without the silencer, the exhaust is still fairly quiet but it drones a lot. And when pressed on, that thing can get kinda loud, but not bleed-your-ears loud. Driving around with the silencer (for the few moments it'd stay on) allowed me hear the awesome AEM intake sound which I haven't heard since the Motoria was put on. It also didn't sound as raspy when revved in the high RPMs. MUCH quieter. Get some rattling though.=/
Old 03-24-2006, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

The sliencer makes you lose hp though... I think if ure going to have a nice exhaust might as well use it for flow and not block it up. I think an evo lost like 20 hp with the sliencer. I asked one of the guys I raced with if my exhaust buzzed a little, he responded that getting rid of a little buzz will make you lose hp and thats not what u wanted to achieve
Old 03-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

1.Buzz is not necessarily caused by the sound coming out of the muffler. So the silencer might not solve the problem.
2. If you lose any hp it would be neglidgeable. It ain't like you gained 20hp when you strapped it on.
3. IMO, the motoria is on the "large" side for n/a. I say this because I felt I lost a little on the bottom end when I installed it. So if anything, the silencer might tighten up the "pulse" a little.
I'm too lazy to install mine and test it. And I not concerned with how loud mine system is. It's only obnoxious when I want it to be wink1.gif
Old 03-24-2006, 08:43 PM

i used a locking washing with the nut and it stayed on fine. just rattled terribly
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

The reason that it rattles is because the silencer is not the same size as the opening. I use a silencer on my exhaust, and it makes a difference in noise level. I didn't notice any difference in power. The silencer I used is not the one that came with the motoria. It's a 4" silencer that came with a friends dsm's 3" exhaust.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Mar 24 2006, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you kidding me?!?! Silencer did wonders! What is your setup, Showoff? I've got R-Side 4-2-1, 16" Magnaflow cat, 35" thrush glasspack, and Motoria piping. Without the silencer, the exhaust is still fairly quiet but it drones a lot. And when pressed on, that thing can get kinda loud, but not bleed-your-ears loud.</div>

I have the Motoria 4-2-1 header, magnaflow cat, and Motoria catback. I always get hassled by the cops when I leave the silencer off, so I HAVE to drive around with it on. The silencer does quiet the noise down a lot to where the AEM intake sound is able to be heard. I don't feel any loss of power when adding the silencer either; it actually feels like it accelerates better in first and second.

When I first installed the Motoria silencer there was a nasty rattle when ever I would start the car and it would last for a few minutes... very embarrassing, but when I added the muffler tape to build up around the silencer, the rattling went away. I am happy with everything now.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't feel any loss of power when adding the silencer either; it actually feels like it accelerates better in first and second.</div>
Ya that's my point. Anyway I'll never install mine. It's passed inspection and the cops don't hassle me, so no need smile.gif
Old 03-25-2006, 08:04 PM

The silencer i had did make my exhaust quieter. I did take the silencer out and then later put it back in but I was driving and then i come back home and it was gone. lol. Dont know how it popped out but that was my only problem.