Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Motoria Exhaust

Old 08-07-2006, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i order the motoria exhaust for my 2001 tiburon that has a two bolt connection at the first cat by the headers, can i take the motoria exhaust and not use the race cat/test pipe that comes with it and bolt up to the first stock cat that is a three bolt connection.?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

use search mang!!!! it's like a google search, just type it in the search box. the genie gets tired of saving its master all the time ya know.

yes you can have a cat bolt up to there just make sure you get a high flow with a 02 bung. measure the length of the motoria test pipe and then order a high flow cat from ebay or summitracing with the same length. a shop (midas, meineke) can do the rest. you might have to extend your O2 harness you might not if you have a 2000 tiburon or not it depends on if the cat is already on the bottom of the car.

welcome to the site. use search feature. where did you get your motoria from? i cannot find one!! help me find one!!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:28 AM

i mean can i bolt up to the stock cat
and i do not have a motoria exhaust yet
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

You have two threads on the same item............why?

If your standard cat has three bolt flange then, no. Get the exhaust shop to replace the new exhausts two bolt with a three bolt flange. Simple.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:44 AM

so let me get this straight im confused. i have a two bolt flange after the headers and second cat and the one on the exhaust is three bolt so i have the shop do what? and if i get headers later will i have to change the flange again? help im confused
Old 08-07-2006, 05:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aust_RD @ Aug 7 2006, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You have two threads on the same item............why?
If your standard cat has three bolt flange then, no. Get the exhaust shop to replace the new exhausts two bolt with a three bolt flange. Simple.</div>

Nice responce. Feel right after yor cat (the second one) if there are 3 bolts there your fine. If there are 2 then a shop will put a new flange on your catback (not that expensive). Dont use a race cat it will buzz and be illegal.

This should be closed this has been talked about so much if you need more info search.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

we know you're confused, what we're trying to tell you is if you use the search button you will not be.

think of it like a dictionary. by the way, good luck finding a motoria. wink1.gif