Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Motoria Exhaust

Old 07-02-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K1 Tiburon

Ok so I just bought a Motoria exhaust from a member here and when I put it up its too short, I have the stock header, downpipe then it goes to the straight pipe it came with and then to the new piping then to the muffler, but its too short from the new piping to the muffler, it hits the undercarriage of the car and won't reach the flange for the muffler. What is going on? I don't understand, it fir his car perfectly fine with no problems what so ever, I get it, I have problems. Damnit. Someone please help me out here. Thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Either your car has been wrecked or it was damaged in shipping, or he modified it to fit his car which was damaged and your car is fine so it doesn't fit.

Take it to an exhaust shop and get it fixed. Might cost ya a few twenties but thats it.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:13 AM

there are no exhaust shops open around me till Tuesday. I havent had a car for 2 days now cuz these damn bolts were rusted on, I had to cut 3 of them off to get the old system off, so now I have to wait till Tuesday to get this thing looked at. Also have to get it towed there cuz I cant drive it. This sucks cow balls.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:18 AM

Why can't you drive it? Just drive it there open headers with the exhaust off....
Old 07-02-2005, 11:28 AM

the midpipe is hanging on the floor cause its too short cant bolt it up to anything.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:29 AM

I said open headers with the exhaust off tongue.gif Take off everything after the downpipe.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

then it will sag at the down pipe due to the flex pipe. just get some rope or something and tie your shit up and drive it there dont pay for a tow
Old 07-02-2005, 12:29 PM

and take it easy on the gas pedal lmao.gif
Old 07-02-2005, 03:54 PM

lol, I should have done that abq but I have AAA with free towing anywhere I want it to go. For nw I just put the stock midpipe back on until I can get it to a custom exhaust shop next week so they can look at it and determine what i need. It sounds good with the stock mid pipe on but its got back pressure cause the stocker is smaller than the Motoria pipes, once I get it all on, it will sound much better.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

quit suggesting driving open headers, especially if long distance.

Is very bad for engine, w/ absolutely no back pressure. Very polluting too. Bad idea. Use free towing and have the muffler shop use some extra stainless steel tubing of the same diameter to connect the gap. It may cost more to get a pipe with the correct flange (or you could have them cut off the flange and just weld up the two pipes...holds just the same).

Masybe the seller cut the pipes too short when he took it off, or maybe he had his cat installed with it and you did not. Is the gap about the length of a cat? Do you have your cat installed?

-Patrick