Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Motoria Catback..

Old 04-12-2006, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a pic of a Motoria Catback installed? If so, Post up....Does the muffler come angled? I'm thinking about buying one of these. That's a real good price on importshark.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It was pretty much bolt on. I think I had to have another o2 bung welded on after the second (now my primary) cat. And it was bumping up against the floor (i think) so we put in a small square of hi temp rubber to keep it from banging.I have pics, but they don't really show you anything. The only thing that I would have changed for my car is to have a section exteded a bit because with my bodykit the exhaust doesn't stick out v ery far from the bumper. So the kit gets dirtier quicker from the exhaust gases.
This exhaust is relatively loud, but it's a good deep loud!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:36 AM

Here are some pics of the Motoria (and the rest of my setup)...

Muffler
Over-Axle pipe
Midpipe-Axlepipe connection
Midpipe & Resonator
Midpipe-Cat connection
Header-Flexpipe connection
XSP headers

No, the muffler isn't angled. No, it's not a direct bolt-on; you will need to have it adjusted. You may have to cut the midpipe to fit to an aftermarket header/flex/cat combo, and you will most likely have to adjust the muffler hangers to keep the over-axle pipe from contacting anything and rattling like crazy.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Mine didn't require any welding other than the o2 bung. When I bought it it said that I would most likely have to have a new flange welded on if it didn't match the stock one. So I took it to a shop to have it installed. They didn't have to weld anything and only had to "persuade" some of the hangers. They told me I could have easily installed this on my own. So if he want's to stay legal it will most likely just bolt right up to his cat. You have a lot of non stock stuff there.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM

It looks like it hangs down a bit..like my Weld on muffler does, I don't want that. Who has that Blue 2001 Tiburon that has no spoiler and tinted tails? I want my exhaust like that.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

That woould be Nates car. 01importshark is his handle. I'm not which exhaust is on there, but you can have a shop make you a custom "angled" exhaust like that if you prefer. You can even do it on a Motoria if you take it to a shop, they can cut it before the axle and weld in a new pipe on an angle than weld in your muffler.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Sweet...that car looks hella super clean. I want some tips on tinting my tails, too. cool.gif
Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Your gonna have to make your angled exhaust.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 PM

That's Fine. I'll have the muffler shop angle it...Once Importshark has them in stock, I'll buy one. and After it's installed, Pics shall be up! And Next month, Pics will be up with some new wheels I have ordered!! cool.gif