Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

motor swap or motor rebuild???

Old 02-23-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon

well thanks on the replies now i knw how i should start off and reconsider his plans and get my own together

ok so i will port and polish the head , new piston, rods,etc , get new valves, after that a computer tune.

how does that sound?????
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

See, I think you have a miner issue, I think you wanna go fast, but when modding a car, t really helps to know how to do it, or at least understand why you would need to mod something. I suggest you take a little time to get to know the vehicle and exaclty what you want.

There are many people here making 25Whp which is plenty for the Tib, turns it into a monster. All they have do is run some kind of fuel management like a AEM FIC 1910 is the model number you need.

Next you will need a bigger fuel pump, larger injectors and a way to manage fuel pressure like a RRFPR.

Then just a simple turbo kit, something like a supersixty will be good.

Yet, you really need to take some time, and figure if you wanna go NA of FI but either way, modding is easy nor is it cheap.

I am not tryng to be an ass but when you mod, there are more chances for problems to arise, and it helps to understand that way maybe you have a slight reason why it is happening, or what you can do to fix it. Reason i say this is because it really doesnt sound like your really knowledgeable in engine work, or really building a street car.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon

that sounds good so the aem computer can give you gains of about 25??

i do knw the basics about motors and stuff just not into detail , i knw my engine is worn and i wana rebuild soon but i figured if ima open up the motor why not spend a bit more money to have it run better.

if i only the the money to go turbo -__- ive seen tibs online turbo and its a beast