Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Misfire...still?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Well Ive had a misfire, I got my codes read before. I replaced plugs. Still had the cel. Went and changed the wires. All seemed fine, until today. About 100+ miles after I changed the wires the light comes back on. Cylinder 1 misfire. So if its not plugs or wires what could it be? IDK what a fouled injector looks like, but thats probably what Ill check next. The thing is the car doesnt feel like its misfiring, could my ecu just be retarded? lol. I mean its a 1.8 from a 1998 into a 2.0 1997 REV A, could that cause this? I need your input guys!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Oh lordie... I feel for you man.

Just got over my misfire. It was the injectors for me. They didn't look clogged when I pulled em, but one of the plastic heads were all busted up. ( the same one the misfire registered in )

I believe cylinder #1 is all the way on the right, and for me that one was pretty badly cracked as well. Middle 2 were fine. Not sure whats the cause of this, but on the 2 sets of injectors I ordered, both had similar cracks. (Though not as bad as mine)

Its pretty easy to pull the injectors, so I'd do that and check it out.

If you haven't pulled you injectors before, here a quick couple tips:

Unbolt the 2 bolts holding down the clamps that hold the tube going across the valve cover
disconnect the harness (pull the little metal pins and it comes off easily, careful that you don't lose these)
disconnect the little sensor that is also attached to the harness wires
unbolt the 2 bolts holding down the fuel rail
put a rag/cloth down below your injectors to catch the gas
then pull/push on the fuel rail nice and steady
Old 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

Use an ohm meter to check your injectors (if that is what is wrong I have one I can sell you assuming your's are stock size)