Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Mini Nos Kit..

Old 06-25-2005, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

A friend of mine just got a mini nos kit off of ebay (sort of as a joke i think) and he said he wants to put it on my car for fun to see what will happen .. here's a link to it, will it even do anything? (lol.gif) and how do you install it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting
that isn't the exact auction (we can't find that one) but it looks the same, just doesn't come with the spark plug or filter.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think this has been talked about somewhere but basically everyone said that it would run out to fast for it to really do anything
Old 06-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Put it on a bike and see what it can do. I'm sure some kind of cool video will come out of this. Don't even try on your car, it's made for bikes. Or make it work for a motorized scooter or something. ATV w/ Nitrous! who knows?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:31 PM

nono, it's MADE for cars, that is just a look-a-like because I couldn't find the real auction.
He lost the little trigger thing anyway, so it's useless anyway. I doubt it does anything in any case.

Just out of curiousity, since it's dry it would go in your intake right? how? I wouldn't ever drill a hole for that pos, lol.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Hook it to an R/C car!
Old 06-25-2005, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

We've talked about them before, here and at HA.com before.

They don't work worth a damn, and have no provision for extra fuel.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:50 PM

Don't waste your time with that kit unless you wanna use it to get high off the sweet air, The only mini nitrous kit that I actually seen produce results was the NOS Sneaky Pete, it is a completely dry kit that uses a 10oz bottle and very small jets for a max of 25HP, you just have to turn up you fuel pressure by .5psi for every extra horsepower you wanna make with it, so if you use the 20hp jet you have to raise your fuel pressure by 10psi, it's a primitive setup but it does work and can be easily hidden from view.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 PM

Sneaky pete is what this is.

I meant a copy of the sneaky pete, although the bottle is a lot smaller so I doubt it does anything, sneaky pete was mentioned somewhere on the REAL auction page (he says).
sorry it won't let me edit my posts anymore so..
does the REAL sneaky pete nos kit actually give you gains? 10oz, that seems pretty small, what kind of shot is that?
Old 06-25-2005, 07:57 PM

The sneaky Pete kit does work for small gains from 10 to 25hp, they work real good for turbo setups since it adds a small amount of nitrous and drops the intake temps by alot, Ive seen alot of people using just for that reason, on a na car it would add 25hp but with a turbo it would give you about an extra 50hp just due to the intercooling effect.

Summit racing sells the kit: http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...t=egnsearch.asp