Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Mechanical Spoiler

Old 02-06-2005, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alex01tib)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you need creative ideas im sure we could help you out...for example im going to see if i can make it so i can control my windows with my keyless entry remote...</div>

wow, that really is a cool idea. if you figure that one out please let me know. ill go buy my keyless entry and do it too.

volkswagen corrado sorry i miss spelled it
Old 02-06-2005, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>its strictly for show, i DONT want it to be adjustable, btw</div>

you dont want it to be adjustable? i thought that was the point in the whole mod! confusing much.

BRYCE im going to IU this upcoming weekend and im gonna ask them how much it would cost...ill keep you updated...
Old 02-06-2005, 12:24 AM

ok lemme explain, i wanna be able to control if its up or down, i dont want it to adjust like, the degree or angle or w/e, just the movement of up and down, so it hides into the hatch or not.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:41 AM

oh oops, nm about the vw corrado. its speed sensitive too.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:40 AM

yes, the corrado is speed sensitive.. but it should still be able to wired to a switch if Kit wants to work it manually.

Which btw.. the Corrado was a front driver too... maybe vdub knew something about making the spoiler adjustable?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:51 AM

i think its cool.. goo show idea. bet ya no other tib has one.. your car will be a one of a kind... yeah its worthless. lol. i agree. but it will add some creativity to your car. Also the Chrysler Crossfire has one... Comes out at 65 but it can also be manually operated.. doubt you will be able to find one though. lol
Old 02-06-2005, 06:51 AM

If he could find one, I bet it would be very expensive..especially if he had to order it through the dealership.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:48 AM

LOL. Use 2 mechanical Antenna strengthen the rods. and splice the wires and run a switch off them... hehe
Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 AM

he can get corrado parts on ebay for under a hundred bucks... that includes the stock corrado spoiler if if wants it.

Also, it is not a new idea.. there was a Lancia with it back in 1969. The Lancia Zagato Competizione... it was a radiacal wedge shaped car that had a spoiler that rose up out of the clean bodywork to provide downforce AND stability... thing to remember, the Fulvia was a front driver.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I don't think it would be that tough. You'll definitely have to go monster garage on it, but it'll work. Some cheapo actuators will do the trick. The only problem I see is that it would be flimsy. Unless you support it with some strong extendable rods and use the actuators to move it up and down. I'm pretty sure you can pick up actuators kinda cheap, they won't need to be very powerful, just enough to move like 10-15lbs.