Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Mechanical Spoiler

Old 02-05-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Spoiler

Ok, as stupid and ricey as this is, im realy sorry but this is something soo original and so exotic i dont think anyone else has done this, at least not to a tib, im actualy thinking of devising a way for my spoiler to be electionicaly controled, specificaly thinking of having the stock spoiler go down and like cuddle into the top of the hatch, it only needs to move like 3" or 4" down. Im basicaly looking for a simple inexpensive way to control the spoiler moving up or down, lol, im ready to accept all rants. I actualy got inspired to think about doing this like the Buggati Veyeron has its spoiler. I just dont need the whole thing to adjust and all, i just want it to basicaly only go straight up and down. Possible? hard? costly?

Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 PM

eyeroll.gif thinking.gif

And the point of it would be.....?
Old 02-05-2005, 11:51 PM

to look realy cool and ricey, lol, btw Boxters had that, i just remembered, but i dont want it to open up when i reach 65MPH like the boxters have it, i wanna be able to control it mechanicaly with the flip of a switch, im pretty sure someone around here has to have some idea on how to do it. i dont think it would be that hard, i just dont know how.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>eyeroll.gif thinking.gif

And the point of it would be.....?</div>

im hoping he just wants it for show, and doesnt expect it to help at all
Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 PM

That one in the picture is HORRIDLY ugly. It kinda resembles a shelf i have in my bathroom.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:59 PM

No, im expecting +15WHP lol, of coarse its just for show, the stock spoilers are in no way efective at any speed, maybe at like 250, but no tib will reach that speed in a loooooooooooonnnng time unless its falling off the 3rd story, its strictly for show, and im not plannign on getting one like in the pic, i wanna do it to the stock spoiler, the Buggati Veyeron Spoiler is indeed ugly but its highly efective cuz it automaticaly adjusts itself to carspeed and changes its angle automaticaly etc., i dont want something that hightech lol, keep in mind that car has a 250+mph speed lol.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:00 AM

see if you can fin one of those vw corados with it. it does exactly what you want, and it is controlled by a switch. im sure you could find one somewhere.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>its strictly for show......its highly efective cuz it automaticaly adjusts itself to carspeed and changes its angle automaticaly etc.</div>

but if its for show only, then why do you need it to adjust? Seems pointless to me and you will probably spend a lot of money for the spoiler and to hook it up, and then its just gonna be for show?

lame.gif
Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i agree with tibby chick.. i think that you should put whatever money you wouldhave spent on that and put it into something that will actually do something, i.e. performance, I.C.E., something where all your money will yield a better reward than watching a piece of metal rise 1" for no reason...if you need creative ideas im sure we could help you out...for example im going to see if i can make it so i can control my windows with my keyless entry remote...
Old 02-06-2005, 12:11 AM

its strictly for show, i DONT want it to be adjustable, btw Bryce your like sooo freaking helpfull always, but i did a search on a corados and all it gave me was like pics of snakes, i never heard of the car before. Also TC i was thinking that it would be fairly simple and cheap, i mean, just for it to move two inches down? probably drill a hole underneet or something, idk.