Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Map Sensor Location

Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noob question - where is my map sensor? I can't find it. I know I have a map based car. Where is it? Exactly where, and if possible a pic from a tib with it... owned.gif
Old 05-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

it's on the firewall to the left from intake manifold, follow the vacuum line from manifold to the MAP and you will find it.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:52 AM

I got a new map sensor with my turbo kit. Im not gonna do the install myself, but I just wanted to find it... I have an airram, does that make the location different? Cause the one I got with my kit, I cant find a similar one...
Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

post the pic of your engine bay (closer to IM and firewall)
or send it on my mail - dmitry100 (at) gala (dot) net I'll circle it.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 AM

Also the MAP sensor is located beside the Hyundai Engine and Chasis code... its a square of 1.5" inches with 3 wires coming out (they are taped, but you can see where it begins..)
Old 05-23-2006, 07:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

oh hell yeah!

^^^Thank you for your interest in tuning your tiburon, simply type in the key words to your question into the search bar on RDTiburon.com, and you will most likely find your answer. If you do not find what you need, please feel free to register, post an introduction topic, then post your question in the appropriate sub-category. Your answer will be posted shortly! Tuners like you are who help to make up the growing hyundai community, and we're glad to have you aboard! Thanks for using RDTiburon.com!

owned.gif
Old 05-23-2006, 03:23 PM

^^^

I tried that, with serveral different keywords. Please tell me which words to search for to
get to a post that describes exactly where I can find the map sensor! I found one post related, and the answers there did not help me a bit.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:15 PM

Ok.. heres a pic for you....

Hopes it help you find it....

cool.gif
Old 05-24-2006, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

My bad man, I was supposed to get back to you about this. I've been crazy busy! Looks like you got your question answered. Let us all know how the kit turns out!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:10 PM

I havent had time to do anything even car related the recent months, so my turbo kit is just lying and generating dust.

But finally today, I had time to open my hood and look for my map sensor! I checked with the picture, and I have that box there. But, my connector was not even close to the same looking as the one I got with my turbo kit. I got something looking like this with my turbo kit :

http://sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/p...nsor_1_1-B.jpg

this also has 4 wires coming out from it.

In my car, I have a connector that has 3 wires to it and there are 3 green round connectors in the end I stick in the box thats mounted to the car. Is this a map sensor? And am I stupid?

As you already should have understood, I am not going to install the kit by myself. But my mechanic is away for some time, and I just thought that Id check if I really had one, cause I have never been able to find it just looking quick under the hood. I took some pictures but cant find my pc connector cable for the camera. Ill post pics of my "sensor" tommorow. Hopefully someone can tell me if this infact is a map sensor and I need not to worry, or that this is a map or something else. My description is not great I know.

Please help!