Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Manual Vs. Automatic

Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I own one of both, auto and manual.

I absolutely hate driving the auto, no fun at all and it will be changed to manual this summer.

now the manual is a totally different thing, night and day compared to the auto.

I love the feeling of downshifting , unleashing the fun button, and getting from point A to point B without feeling like "ole grey hair". the auto to me when i am driving it makes me feel just exactly like that, a ole granny cause of the throttle response.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:26 PM

i like my blondomatic.........i garantee i can launch it off the line just as good if not better then a manual tiburon.....and i'll pass a manual if you miss a shift. nana.gif

but it is quite borring for everyday driving.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

^^^ have you ever driven a 5speed?

you can NOT launch anywhere NEAR what a manual can. i can launch at like 4k (higher if i had a better clutch..and was on slicks) if i want, lol.
i can burn tires in 3 gears, can you do that with an automatic?

the only reason all the 1/4 mile beasts are automatic is because those cars are so fast and go through gears so fast that you would look spastic if you had to try and shift that thing. you would shift into 5 (maybe more) gears in under 10 seconds, and push and release the clutch 5 times also. that would just be ridiculous.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 PM

yup....while your launching at 4 grand and burning your tires threw 3 gears im passing you because im not spining at all unless i I bring the boost up to high off the line.

whats your best reaction and 60ft times. (we can have a internet race...lol)

i love seeing the looks on peoples faces when they realize they were beat by a Blond-O-matic hyundai tiburon

but yes automatics still suck you cant get as much hp to the wheels mod for mod, they are heavy and they are borring to drive.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: car

You turboed and auto...? Why...? You can't launch, you push the pedal and it goes slowly. A launch is revving a little bit, dropping the cluthc, sticking and going, not letting off the brakes and hitting the go pedal.....
Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SuPaDuPa @ Apr 16 2007, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but yes automatics still suck you cant get as much hp to the wheels mod for mod</div>
exactly..
so, were you agreeing with me, or not?
i don't get it.

maybe your times are faster than mine, but thats not ANYTHING related to the transmission. it's just the simple fact that you're boosted, your car is faster than mine. that's like saying "my automatic ferrari is faster than your 5 speed tiburon, so all autos are better than manuals." that is just retarded.

basically, unless are driving a faster than 10 second car, a manual will be faster than an automatic (mod for mod).
Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 AM

^^ WITH good tires, otherwise that 800hp to get you in range is useless. Manual is better than auto for everyday driving, boosted and mod driving, but once you get too mcuh power, its more automatics with tq converters and shift kits and what not, plus an awesome trans.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:48 PM

there are actually quite a few car's that totally stock, the manual's are slower then the auto's now. the technology itself has gotten alot better.

but for our car's, the atx's suck, and are slower. along with weaker, and alot more boring.

even if the mtx tibbby was slower then the atx, id still drive the manual....
Old 04-16-2007, 04:02 PM

im agreing that automatics suck yess.....but im not agreing that you can launch a 5 speed better than an auto, its not what you have its how you do it.....yes some people will launch better and some people wont.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Fine. give me a detailed description of how you launch an auto. Press the brake, put it in D, press the gas? I believe that's your only option. Rev with the ebrake on then drop it? what?