Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

manual ...rolling at a stop..**UPDATE**

Old 11-22-2004, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: Tiburon part out

well thanks for ur input..
but after we noticed his car didn't roll back at all.. we tested it out in the parking lot..

Flat level..mine rolled. took his car to the exact spot..and i was driving since he thought it was makin my car roll by a different clutch technique..and his car didnt roll at all..

so thats basicly wut im asking..his car wont roll at all unless its on a noticeable slope..

thanks for the input on tire preasure..warped rotors..etc
Old 11-22-2004, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: hmmm i wonder if this is a scam

has he done any mod's to the brakes ?? suspension ?? ebrake ??

i ask that because when i did my tranny swap, the car would brake by itself very lightly when coming to a slow stop at a light or stop sign?? i noticed it imediatley after doing the swap, because the car wouldnt roll out of the garage bay and it was a significant slope.

it was the brake light switch, on the brake pedal assembly.

I had to put in a manuals brake pedal, and they must have been just a little different than that of the auto.

i used the autos pedal assembly that bolts to the firewall, and the brake pedal arm of the manual.

so the switch that detects the arms position was screwed in to much, so it depressed the arm about a quarter inch, enough to "brake" the car, so after loosening it about a little more than a quarter inch, the car rolled freely, and all was corrected.

well thats my splurge, so be happy that your car rolls freely, cuz "somethings up" with your friends
Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: Gauging interest for RD exhaust system....your choice.

check out the update
Old 11-25-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Chris! Blacktibs! Someone's selling your Haloz!

the update makes sense. I have a warped front rotor.. soon as I get off my arse and get some hawk pads, I will get around to replacing them all with the slotted rotors and the braided lines I got from the group buy... sometime in the next two weeks I think.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Anyone that bought a Jspeed crank pulley from KSpec read

Get down on your knees close to the rear wheel (repeat for each side) and with no brakes on (nobody on the car if you want) tell your buddie to push the car slowly (not too slow though) and listen for noises.
Sometimes rear caliper cylinder get's stuck, for some reaeson the rust and get stuck. It happend to me on one side only
Old 11-26-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

not a bad way to check.. but the easier one is to jack up each individual wheel and spin it by hand. It should not take much effort.. and you will be able to feel ANY drag or hear any noises.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Re: veilside kit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayJai)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gravity</div> lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif