Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Maintenance ?'s

Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Well i haven't posted much since my car has been torn apart for the last 2 years and i hate to say but it hasn't been run very often over those 2 years. However it is almost done thank god and i will be posting pics soon to debut it but i am wondering what you guys think i should be concerned about mechanically. I am debating doing parts of the maintenance myself or just taking it the dealer/mechanic and having it all done.

What should i have changed or checked or what would you do?

A little info:

The car has 45000 miles, manual transmission, headers exhaust, apexi safc that hasn't been touched from stock. It has had regular oil changes every 3000 miles with Royal Purple synthetic 5w30, and had the belts changed when i moved to washington due to noise.

There is currently a CEL but i'm assuming it has been the same one that i have always had from the o2 sensor extension that i have spent hundreds on trying to fix. Other than that with a good battery it starts right away. So please give me some suggestions on a order of importance as what i should do.

Thanks
JD
Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 PM

Bump....come on someone has to have some kind of opinion or suggestion
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

sorry, I missed the thread. I think a few others did as well somehow.

Are you wanting to know what maintenance to perform as a result of it sitting for 2 years? How often have you been starting it during those 2 years? Have you driven it at all, or has it been literally in pieces?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 AM

Well it hasn't been driven in almost a year....and it definately hasn't moved in probably 7 months cause its on blocks while they where doing the body work. The interior is completely tore apart but the paint and body work are almost done so i'm wondering what i should start thinking about mechanically to get it running like it was new again. I try and get to the shop and start it at least once a month but there are times when it hasn't been run for 2 months when my dad was in the hospital. It starts on the first try with a fresh battery and i changed the oil probably 3-4 months ago.

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions
JD
Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Inspect Belts, change oil, change transmission fluid (manual or auto), test spark plug wires resistance, run the sucker out of gas and get new or drain and refil, inspect/top off the rest of the fluids, check air filter, change fuel filter, inspect brake lines, heck inspect ALL lines for leaks, cracks, corrosion or damage.

Maybe replace the tires if they's sat in the same place for 2 years without running.