Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Magnaflow Owners...in Here!

Old 10-19-2005 | 06:27 PM

Anyone have a magnaflow muffler? Do you like it, sound/performance wise?
Old 10-19-2005 | 06:56 PM

I LUV my muffler hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif has a very nice tone/growl to it fing02.gif. I'm just not sure on the performance do to the fact that's all I have really done tongue.gif.
Old 10-20-2005 | 12:07 PM

Just a muffler although it is an improvement from the choke-hold OEM muffler, it will hardly free up any HP since it's such a tiny section of the exhaust.

But magnaflow is among the best for our cars!

What specific muffler is it Splinter?
Old 10-26-2005 | 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I really like all the magnaflow mufflers Ive ever heard, but those have been the oval mufflers with dual tips and so forth.

Ill probably be getting exhaust soon and the only tip that I really think would look good on a tib that magnaflow offers is a 4" can with a 3" tip.... how you guys think a magnaflow can would sound?
Old 10-26-2005 | 04:30 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I've installed them on GK's and they sounded very nice (the cannon style...like the MBRP). I think it was a 3" oulet on both sides, can't remember but I liked the sound at idle and WOT.
Old 10-26-2005 | 04:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

My Magnaflow is supposed to ship soon. Apparently I ordered it from ebay from Florida (performance seller) before the hurricane. Since I chose free ground shipping, the order had processed the night before the hurricane and it's probably going to be late due to power outages.

I'm anxious to see how it's going to sound. I hate my rice can so much right now I decided that a good muffler co. was the best way to go. I ordered 3.5' dual chrome tip and I've got CAI, GT Headers, 28' Thrush Glasspack, Catco. 2.25' mild steel piping... I don't really know how cool it will sound. Just have to wait and see.

I hope it sounds memorable, not annoying like my can right now. From what I've heard, these mufflers are supposed to be the best. I think the dual chrome tip will look sexy.

Expect sound clips when this babe goes in.
Old 10-26-2005 | 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I will be waiting smile.gif
Old 10-26-2005 | 05:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Oct 20 2005, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just a muffler although it is an improvement from the choke-hold OEM muffler, it will hardly free up any HP since it's such a tiny section of the exhaust.

But magnaflow is among the best for our cars!

What specific muffler is it Splinter?</div>

Sorry I haven't seen this post till now... It's a 14834.
Old 10-26-2005 | 05:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

can you post pics splintercel? I wanna see how that tip looks on the tib
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

guys, just got my magnaflow 3'' dual chrome tip muffler in. W O W. this thing looks amazing. it's top quality. and even with the stock bumper outlet it'll look SICK. the chrome tips go all the way inside each tip and say "magnaflow performance" on both.

it was worth the money definitely. and it doesn't look like any rice can out there. i hope it sounds just as well as the very thick, hard, durable muffler it is!

after all this deaking time i wanted something like the stock tips but a lot more fancy and noticeable. it was sooo difficult to find a nice sounding/looking exhaust for the tiburon i decided to just settle for a motoria. after importshark ran out and sent me a direct refund (thankyou IS for your loyalty) i ended up with Tim's professional mild steel pipe welds and a

I think this is going to look and sound sick with the setup i already have. plus if chris makes that rear bumper mold, hopefully it'll look very europeanly sexy with that on as well! what do you guys think?!