Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Looks Pretty But Doesnt Fit

Old 01-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redz:
1. my entire exhaust is stock. im 99% sure i only have one cat ill check and tell you guys this evening.
2. 2.0L
3. 2 bolt

rally:
"With mine, I used the test pipe/racing cat that came with the Motoria and attached it to the stock pipe on the car. This allows the Motoria to be bolted up because it changes from two-bolt to three-bolt. But then the Motoria mid pipe is too long."

that is my EXACT problem! what exactly did you have to modify to get it working? could i just have my cat pipe that connects to the "test pipe" cut to have it fit?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Yes, you can either cut the pipe from the cat or the mid-pipe to reduce the length and that should do it. Although the shop didn't do this with mine, I think the best solution would be to leave both the Motoria mid pipe and stock pipe from the cat alone and just have a short section of pipe cut to the proper length with a two-bolt flange welded to one end and a three-bolt flange welded to the other. With this set up you won't be installing the test pipe at all but you won't be altering the cat-back exhaust or the stock exhaust pipes either. You will see that the Motoria exhaust does not have a hanger for the mid-pipe like the stock exhaust has either.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MK3Design @ Jan 1 2006, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, mine was a PERFECT fit.

try ebay for headers though</div>

That's cuz you have an RD2, it's a bit of a stretch to get it to work on the RD1.

Yup, I had the same problem. I did the exact same thing! The night before Hyundai Sunday, I figured, I'd put it on. It needs to be a little longer without the test pipe, and a little shorter with it.

I took mine to an exhaust shop, took 20 minutes, and $100 for parts and labour mad.gif but, I love the sound.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM

hey i never thought about not using the test pipe and just having a new pipe to fill the gap to the midpipe. i think ill have that done. that seems alot easier. thanks you guys!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:09 PM

Yeah Motoria is a perfect fit on RD2s. I have a bit of rattling but I'm getting some poly exhaust mounts.. but from where?!?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

red, but...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...=&fsop=1&fsoo=1
Old 01-09-2006, 08:40 AM

where can i get one of these Motoria for my rd2??

edit that..

importshark.com