Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Looking For Replacement Bushing

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

The other day, I went out to replace the dying front wiper motor with a new one. All was going well, until I disconnected the old motor from the wiper linkage. The little "bushing" endcap that keeps the motor arm secured to the linkage split in two. After searching for awhile, I've found that NOBODY knows what the hell part I'm talking about. None of the local autoparts stores has any idea how to get a hold of one, and none of the Hyundai dealerships around have anything on em either. It isnt even displayed in the webtech diagrams, so the guy at the dealership had no part number to order it. He even ordered a whole motor in hopes that it would come with it, but alas, today it arrived without one. Does anyone know where to get one of these little guys (short of ripping it out of a junker)?

If anyone needs any pics to know what the crap I'm talking about, lemme know. Thanks a lot
Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I'm pretty sure the part you are referring to is part of the wiper linkage not the motor. As such the dealer won't likely be able to sell it separately. I replaced the wiper linkage on my Tiburon at one point and if I recall correctly the bushing was in the new linkage and even pre-greased ready for installation. I think I still have the old linkage around somewhere and can check it if needed.

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine that the wiper motor was going? I've never heard that the wiper motors were a problem on these cars but lots of people have had problems with the linkage seizing up.