Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Looking for part numbers, Aussie help needed!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Looking for part numbers, Aussie help needed!

I've got an ODD part number request.

I need to know the part number of the bracket for the sunroof equipped right-hand drive RD2 tiburon passenger side (left side of car) door grab handle.

It's the metal bracket that the grab handle bolts onto, that itself bolts to the roof.

I have the odd-as-hell habit of holding the outer door lip in 5th gear cruise on the freeway, and the handle would be a lot nicer...

US part number for the right hand side bracket is "8536027000 BRACKET ASSEMBLY - ASSIST HANDLE RIGHT HAND" they also have "8536027001", no clue what the difference is, since it is labeled the same.

I have tried a US spec left-side bracket in place, but the offsets are wrong to install the handle symmetric with the existing one.

The chassis has the needed mounting holes pre-drilled and nutserts welded in, so all I need is the bracket...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is a near OCD thing I have been wanting to add ever since I first drove my friends tib 4 years ago...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Let me look into it man! Just to confirm, it is the metal bracket and NOT the handle itself?

Hell, I might be able to just get the part from a wrecked tib and send it to ya.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 AM

You are correct, just the metal bracket, from a car with a sunroof.

The handle is interchangeable afaik, at least there was no differentiation in the parts look-up at http://www.jimellishyundaiparts.com .

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on that if the local dealer wants an arm, leg, sperm sample, kidney, etc etc for one, if they can even get one at all...

Also looking into the "rear fog light" option that this car seems to have had in select markets, but I've never seen one with that setup...
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 AM

Okay, I'll probably be able get back to you on saturday, if not, then monday. The wrecker's yards have terrible opening hours. I'll nab the handle and bracket for you, just in case.

The rear fog lights are available on Australian and UK hyundais, and probably european models as well. You have an RD2 yeah? I could scope out the switch and wiring, but you might luck out and find that the wiring connectors are already there. IDK whether they would use blanking plates in the USDM rear fog reflectors, or whether you can just screw some bulbs into place?

Did you want to do a rear fog conversion too? May as well make my wrecker's yard trip worthwhile.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 AM

Yep, RD2.

Looks like the entire rear bumper skin would have to be swapped out to get the fogs, I was under the impression they fit in the lower "vent" sections, not beside the license plate.

I know the wiring isn't there, I've had the dash out on 3 tibs so far, none had the extra wiring.

Fogs might be a possibility later on, depending on how much of a PITA it is to ship a bumper skin. The dimensional weight would drive the price sky high...
Old 12-15-2011, 02:45 AM

Hell, why not, I'll try it.

What do you think the shipping will be on the bumper skin?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM

NFI what the rate would be man, PM me your postal details and I'll get back to you on that. If need be, you could just ship the section of bumper that holds the fog lights, and you can FG it into your existing bumper? Depends on how much the difference in shipping would be, I guess.

Other than that, I'll see about the fog light wiring. I know none of the tibs at the wrecker's yard are stripped out enough to access the body loom, so it might be easier and cheaper to just run your own wiring. The rear fogs normally don't come on unless they are switched on while the low or high beam headlights are on. You could wire it into whichever relay you want, such as the brake lights, or just have them on an independent switch...

Like I said, I'll have some more solid information and prices for you by monday at the latest.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 PM

No problem at all running my own wires (I can make it look factory, I'm the Jedi master of redoing harnesses...), I'd just need all the connectors.

Plan would be to have them use the factory switch, and come on when either low's or highs are on, with some high/low HID/halogen combo bulbs in them, for "super bright" reverse/brake lights for needed occasions...

As far as glassing stuff in, that's outside my skill set, but I have a few friends who are wizards at body stuff if I need to bug them.

Set the address via PM.

Any other "rare" options that an Aussie Tib would have that the US one wouldn't? I'm feeling a bit rambunctious, and if I end up getting stuck with dimensional weight charges, I want to fill all the nooks and crannies of the box with rare stuff to set this baby apart.

Looking through the parts list, I'm also seeing blanking plates for "headlight washers", "headlight levelers" "heated seat"... It's like a forbidden candy store full of strippers... Any of those happen to be available?

Sorry if it's info overload, I'm just giddy as a school girl over this entire prospect.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM

The washers and the heated seats seem like european options, but I will certainly check for you. Headlight levelers... maybe? My old proton had em, it is just a four position electric motor that seems to sit within the headlight housing itself.

Do you want the whole bumper then? What about color?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:15 AM

If you could find one in Cobalt Blue Mica it would be awesome. Same color as the car I posted a pic of.

The thing that has me, and my wallet, worried is the dimensional weight/freight charges... I cringe to think of it...