Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Looking For A Cat Back

Old 04-30-2005, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just posted under gripes about my cracked manifold. ! dealer wont cover it bc of my catback removing my second cat so I am looking for a new catback with a resinator or a cat built in. Probably wont find one with a cat but can with a resinator. They are probably dumb enough to think it is a cat not a resinator. Anyone know about the sr or the hks catback on ebay?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

You can put high-flow catalytic in your existing cat-back exhaust.
Or you can take any catalytic empty it, put a pipe through it and put in your cat-back exhaust. There will be no catalytic but it will look like you have one.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:21 AM

D'mitry has a good idea, maybe someone here has an extra stock cat that you can use. You can then gut it out or just use it to get your manifold fixed and then remove it.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

wait, so just a resonator & no cat will pass you emissions?
Old 04-30-2005, 02:16 PM

no problems with emissions but figured if I got a new catback with a resinator in it the dealer would think the resinator is a cat and replace my manifold. Anyone know about that hks exhaust? I have another app. at a diff dealer on thurs. I update then