Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Long Time No Post.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there folks!

I know most of you likely thought I fell of the face of the earth. Sorry about that. A lot has happened sine I was here last.

I have a new job working for a major cable communications company working in tech support. I also got married to Jen in September and went on a fantastic honeymoon in Nassau Bahamas. The last major thing was the purchase of our first home!

My last piece of news is one of mied emotion. I have decided to retire the Tiburon for something newer and more practical. I just picked up a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T 6-speed last night. (who said practical couldn't be fun too?)
This leads me to my current situation... What to do with the Tib?

My wife has a 2002 Elantra GT that is un-modded. I was thinking or moving some of the parts over to her car and wasn't sure if they will be compatible. The CAI, wheels, Strut brace and the Optima battery are a no-brainer. The suspension on the other hand is what I would like to know if it is cross-compatible. It is an Eiback Pro Kit Plus. It has a lifetime warranty on it and it would be a shane to let it go unless I had a choice. The exhaust is kind of unique being that the headders are nearly one-of-a-kind from a Hyundai Motorsports race car.

If anyone has any experience with this sort of excercise, feel free to give me your .02.

If there is interest in my parts then I may create a thread in the classified section.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Congratulations (on the car, the home, the wifey) and welcome back.

So your main concern is whether your Eibach kit can be thrown on your '02 Elantra GT, right? Hopefully somebody has some insight on this. If you can't find it here, maybe someone on HA(.org) might know? I have no experience with Elantras at all.

Congrats and Good luck with the Audi, that's a nice car.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

Do you plan to swap over the whole assembly with springs and struts? The springs will technically fit, but because the rd springs are smaller in diameter they won't sit correctly. Many XD members still use them and I have yet to hear of a problem with them that way. What I would do if I were you, is to take the whole suspension from the tib and swap it to the XD. They are compatiable and you shouldn't have any issues. I know Sean swapped his lowered suspension from his J2 to an XD and put the xd one in the j2. He didn't have any problems.

P.S. Check out elantraxd wink1.gif
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Good to see you around. Congratulations with your marriage and home.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

nice to meet you, and congrats on the marriage and the new home. So you were planning on parting out some of the car, is it total part out, or just some little things?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:30 PM

First of all, congrats, stranger! Are you still in Burlington?

Second:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I just picked up a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T 6-speed last night.</div>

You BASTARD!!!! You're cramping my style! I've been contemplating selling my tibs and all associated parts so I can get an Audi A4. Although I'd probably end up importing 2001 or 02 S4 from the states...

But regardless, if you decide to sell your wheels, I am in need of a new set for the tib. Let me know.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

congrats on everything...besides the retirement of the tib cool.gif

keep the tib!!!!