Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

LOL - autozone/advanced auto people...

Old 11-23-2004, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: fs log style speed factor manifold and msd

First I would like to say sorry dweet, I know there are intelligent people working at some autozones.

Anyways this is the story of my purchase of an optima red top today.

I'm on a service call for work and am leaving to go pick up a nic from our stock of parts and.... the tib won't start. I'd been suspecting battery problems for a little bit but hadn't checked on it yet. Anyways I get a jump and finish the service call leaving my car running for about an houring getting everything done and head down to autozone.

When I pull up I think ah, well now i can get a battery, we'll I'll check and see if it's holding charge. I turn off the car and nothing, it had enough juice to run the no seat belt light (I took off my seatbelt, yes I wear it) but when I turned the key it did nothing. So I head inside and go up to the counter and tell them I need a battery and want to get one of the optima's and ask if they have redtops in stock. She pulls it up on the computer and says, nope we don't have batteries for a 2001 tiburon. Then she checks advanced.... the SAME thing. At this point I'm getting pretty frustrated because she's acting like I'm the idiot. I say, "you mean you don't have any batteries that will work in my car?". "Nope", she says, "maybe you should try battery terminal." I could have bought one there but I didn't want to talk to the girl anymore so a manager comes out to jump my car. I tell him what had happened as we hook up the cables and he says what?!?! surely there's a battery that will fit in this car in there. He goes in the back and gets a redtop I asked for one, installs it in my car and I'm off.

LOL, anyways just to let you know, optima batteries do work in our cars. laugh.gif

oh, btw, I just thought to add a poll, I'm really starting to dislike autozone/advanced.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:01 PM

Default LOL - autozone/advanced auto people...

Wow and I thought Pep-Boys was the only one that had morons working for them. Guess not lol.gif ....... I have basically given up talking to those people. I would rather wait a week and buy it online than put up with with those idiots. And yes I've shopped at Advanced, AutoZone, and Pep-Boys and had this same type of experience. Need to have an all of the above (for most hated) on your poll!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Connecting subwoofers to Stock head unit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow and I thought Pep-Boys was the only one that had morons working for them. Guess not ....... I have basically given up talking to those people. I would rather wait a week and buy it online than deal with those idiots.</div>

hehe, well I was thinking about getting that really small battery that.. was it op that got it? but I needed a battery today. and the redtop will be fine laugh.gif
Old 11-23-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Re: I found my new rims!!

Hey if you dont mind can you post up the PN on that battery for us? This way when someone asks what kind they need it will make it a bit easier since it seems part stores dont know it fits.....
Old 11-23-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: LOL - autozone/advanced auto people...

hehe, sure, it's like the 900cca battery, I thought that all the redtops were the same though? and all the yellow tops were the same?

edit: hum.. how do you edit the poll? I meant to put in an other option.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:25 PM

Default Re: new exhaust fitted,

I am the one with the really small battery.. the hawker/Odyssey. I must also be blessed with some good places.. I have one of all of them within a half hour drive of my house.. the Advanced and the NAPA dealer are the best.. and autozone is not TOO bad... but pep boys is hopeless.. they have turned themselves into the Rice capital of the area.

There was an Autozone in Reading that was run by gear heads... one guy had a modded NSX and the other had a decent Elantra...
Old 11-23-2004, 04:35 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: Tiburon part out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am the one with the really small battery.. the hawker/Odyssey.</div>

So where/who did you get from? Is there a Part # we can get from ya?
Old 11-23-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Easy Led Lights for Plate

that's the problem with some car parts stores. Not everyone who words there knows what they're talking about. You can only hope to find someone who knows their stuff.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: S-AFC II base settings

In my area Autozone has all of the oil ,car cleaning stuff,and anyother stock stuff. Advanced is right across the street with all the aftermarket stuff, nitrous, my seatbelts, seats, internals for the engine and they are extreamly knowledgeable.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Pics of what I have been up to

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe, sure, it's like the 900cca battery, I thought that all the redtops were the same though? and all the yellow tops were the same?

edit: hum.. how do you edit the poll? I meant to put in an other option.</div>

there are i believe 2 types for each color. I know there are at least 2 reds and there are 2 blues. i'm not sure about the yellows though.

part numbers.... i have no idea