Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Lock passenger window switch

Old 01-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Drilling a hole is not difficult. I made a nice one with easy access right behind the steering column, above the brake pedal. Nice spot.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:53 PM

any air come in though it?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have never seen inside that switch.</div>

oh god have i. took me a while to figure out an easy way to get that thing open, and many broken switches. i had to fix the internal bits of one. it was a b****.

kit, grab a multimeter. there are two brown wires coming off the window switch. you need to figure out which one is used by the lock button. turn the multimeter to ac voltage, put the red lead on one brown wire, the black lead on the chassis. push the switch. if the multimeter doesnt change, then it means you want the other brown wire. you want to tap for power on this wire. run this wire to a relay as the magnet in. run another wire straight from ground to magnet out. then you will want to (fuse it if possible) run a wire to switched input on the relay, then from switched output to the object you want to power. finally ground the object however you want.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Do you really think he is going to be able to rewire something after a question like "does air come in through the hole" in the firewall? Take it to a shop Kit, that way you don't mess up something. Better to leave electrical stuff alone, that stuff in there can get expensive if you wire something wrong and short-circuit everything in your door panel. LOL smile.gif
Old 01-17-2005, 05:42 PM

no, i would be able to do that, well, my dad would lol, i was thinking about the hole being drilled like through the lower part like nm, lol, but ok, ill shut up now, but i would be able to do it, but its not worth it, im gonna go with the switch board instead, great to know its doable though
Old 01-17-2005, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Best way to find out if its possible is to get a second door switch from a junk yard and TRY it. Anything is possible, it just depends how much time / effort you want to put into it.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:24 PM

ya but its gonna be easier getting a switch board, and make more sense.