Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

A lil hint for winter driving

Old 12-27-2004, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whats Your SPEED.....?

My car came stock w/ Michelin's....I have dunlops on the car now though and they only cost me $60 a pop and they're high rated, got 'em from tirerack, sport v rating I believe. They've been on the car for over a year now and I have not had one problem.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Re: Pictures of the tiburon

my elantra came with hankook tires that lasted a huge 15000 miles!! wow what a great tire and this is with NO burnouts NO snow driving NO speeding over 80 mph :roll:
Old 12-27-2004, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Suspension for Veilside Kit

If the Hankooks were a sticky, soft compound performance tire, 15k miles isn't too bad on them.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Re: DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

nope

soft tire yes

performance no

i slid all over the place inthe watter
Old 12-27-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, aren't the stock ones Michelin Pilot Sports? .</div>

Pilot sports,... I wish, I'd actually would of kept them
The OEM Tires were PIECES OF SHIT Michelin XGTV4's. POS!
Hard ass tire, any bit of moisture in the morning from dew or whatver and you were gone!
I hated those damn things, got rid of them promply.

Oh yeah, and forget winter, those things were a POS in the show / ice too.

ONLY Day they were good was when it was like +30C (100F) and it was fine.

BUT no Dunlops were OEM
Old 12-27-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Lindsey Lohan? Mariah Carey? Angelina Jolie?

Just because they stunk in the rain doesn't mean they aren't performance tires. Most summer performance tires stink in the rain. Slicks are performance tires. Try driving those in the rain smile.gif
Old 12-27-2004, 05:28 PM

Default The end of my car probs... or not

I know mine came straight from the dealer brand new of the truck in Yokahoma's like 195/50/15 straight from Hyndai, they were the original stock tires, still had all the Hyndai crap written about it in the manual stuff i got. Ehh, maybe they messed up or something anyway, Wahoo Tibby01 tnx for the stuff u sent me
Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 PM

Default New Decal Design Contest...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just because they stunk in the rain doesn't mean they aren't performance tires. Most summer performance tires stink in the rain. Slicks are performance tires. Try driving those in the rain smile.gif</div>

Dude,... what kinda tires do you ride on?

My Kumho 712's RULE in the wet. I was VERY surprized. In the dry it's awesome too. Only complaint I have is tirewear. They wear a little faster than I wanted, but whatever, they're cheap.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:45 PM

Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

I think we what we might be able to take from this is that . . . hyundai might have more then one stock tire lol

no matter either ways if you have the dunlops scrap em someone else can tell how the michellins do in the snow but from what i see they seem to do a hell of a lot better then the Dunlops.

. . . sheesh i wish my car came stock with yokohamas lol

oh and btw one of my tires blew out so if i seemed to hold a lot of animosity towards dunlop before LOOK AT ME NOW :twisted:
Old 12-27-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: doing cam research

Bleh Kumho 712s are not what I would consider a performance tire. They are more of an all season cheap aftermarket tire. I'm surprised you like them, most people despise them. I've had some of my buds get them for free on their wheels, rip them off and throw them out and put on some good rubber. The Kumho MX tires aren't bad though.

Hrm, I guess I should've known Hyundai might have used more than one tire. They probably ran out of tires and just slapped on whatever they had lying around. Fits the Hyundai image pretty well. lol.gif

If you want good dry/wet tire, Yokohama Parada Spec 2s are the ownage. They stick decent for street tire, they handle decent on rain for performance tire. 25 dollars more a tire than those cheap 712s, but well worth the extra cash. I'm sure a few people here have them.

If you want a dry tire for a car that won't see thunderstorm rain, Toyo Proxes T1-S. On the GSX, I run 1.9 60 foot times on those tires. Slicks I run 1.7. On a stock Tib, they would probably drop 60 foot times from 2.3 to about 2.1 or 2.2.