Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

LEDs or Incandescent, Which is brighter?

Old 08-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SR Whiteface Guages

I am looking at replacing some bulbs. Turn signals, brake lights, backup lights, etc. Now which onces will be brighter LEDs or Incandescent bulbs? I know LEDs usually last longer but am looking for how bright they will be.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i guess everyone already knows what i will vote for. lol.gif

LEDs are completly superior to bulbs in every possible way except for the fact that they dispers light in a specific angle, instead of 360 degrees. there are ways around this though. wink.gif
Old 08-05-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Re: LEDs or Incandescent, Which is brighter?

I know that LEDs are superior, and yes I knew you would vote for them :roll: . But what I mean is if someone is standing behind the car looking at the running or brake lights which would apprear to be brighter?
Old 08-05-2004, 11:27 AM

Default Re: INCREASE YOUR SHIFTING TIME!!!!!! 4 FREE

Im going to vote for LEDS.....

but it really depends on a couple of things :

1.) Where you get them (DONT BUY SR or APC)
2.) The viewing angle (my front and rear turns are narrow angle 19 LED, wide angles will be more easily visible from above and the sides)
3.) # of LEDs on the bulb.....more almost always means its brighter, depending on the specific wavelength produced.
4.) The housing they are installed in.

FYI :
I have altezza's.

The back up lamps/reverse lights........ are angled up, and while they light up the housing really well.....they dont shoot straight out the back like they will in the stock housing.

The Rear turns.........straight out the back in BOTH altezzas and stock housings. Very easy to see.

The Brake lights.......both altezzas and stock housings are somewhat difficult to see w/ the running/parking lights on during the day. Once brake pedal is pushed, easily visible, except when the sun is directly behind you and low in the sky. they look very nice at night though. (im using the 24 led versions)

Dont forget to buy resistors if you dont want your turn signals to blink fast....OR if you go w/ leds in your brake light housing. you will loose cruise control w/ the running lights on.

BTW!!!!! GJ keeping it local guys!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: LEDs or Incandescent, Which is brighter?

I have been playing with LEDs.. but nothing serious yet... I do however have an LED flashlight I bought for work.. same size and shape as a Mini-mag. It is MUCH brighter... it has five blue/white LEDs.. I can only recommend to anybody who has wanted to look at it.. do NOT look directly into the LEDs..
Old 08-05-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: 19's on tib???

MAD has to coem in here and mess up the MD thing we had going on..........

J/K....was it one of the ones from Superbrightleds.com????

Ive got one and they are hella bright. battery contacts are a little loose, so it flickers some, but im going to fix that.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:14 PM

if you are talking just bulb-style leds, im really not sure. but a custom job you could definately make them brighter. get some of these bad boys...

http://www.lsdiodes.com/THC3/
Old 08-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Finally got my hood....

well... look at it this way... go directly east from DC and you will probably hit my house...

And yes, mine is the light from SuperbrightLEDs too... and yes, it has bad contacts also.. how are you going to fix yours?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: alpine turbo problems

couldnt you just bend the springs out more?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: Fuel Pump for Nitrous use

HI, I've heard good things on www.superbrightleds.com I remember a while ago that allot of ppl in the hyundaiperformance forum were tinkering with LEDS and they bought them there, they also sell LED's in bulb housing (dunno if that is the correct term).

I was interested in buying from them, but I wondered what you guys did, wich is better as turn lights, stop lights, etc...