Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Latest Cai Mod

Old 05-12-2005, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had someting similiar to that years ago. It works well when you hit highway speeds but it also sucked up small rocks and alot of dirt/crap off the road. I had to clean the filter more often because of this.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:36 AM

Thats a nice water scoupe wink1.gif

BTW, what's it made of?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:38 AM

In dry climates, that's a damn good idea. Sure it will probably scrape on occasion, but at speed, it should help get a tad more air into the engine, or at least lower air intake air temps a bit. That is a high pressure area on the front of the car, so you picked a good location for it. Adding an "exhaust vent" on the back of the fender near the door would allow cold outside air to flow through the fenderwell compartment.

You MIGHT want to consider keeping an eye on your airfilter when it rains. Rain won't bother it, and since it's aimed forward, it should be fairly immune to water splash from the front wheels, but water spray kicked up by the car in front of you might be a problem. Just pop your hood and check the filter for dampness in the rain when following other cars the first couple of times, until you learn how to gauge what will and will not be a problem.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

Thanks for the props guys, and to answer your question/concerns;
When I 1st lowered the car I had trouble with scraping b4 I got used to the clearance, and I made the scoop so it no lower than anything else at the front of the car so scraping is not a prob.
On the odd occasion that we get rain down here (Adelaide is fairly dry) I try not to follow close to other cars, and the roads don't flood, so water should not be a prob.
The rocks & shite should not b a prob unless they're getting kicked up by the car in front, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
It's made from aluminium which I folded and tig welded.
I should get some increased air pressure from the scoop at most speeds. Any air flow increase is better than none and as Dmitry says, put your hand out the window at 50 and see how much air's pushing past.
I can feel a diff, on the hwy the car feels more responsive.
There is an opening at the rear of the scoop, on the engine bay side, so air can flow through.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 PM

That's a lot better looking then the one I made Col. I had the ghetto PVC pipe under the car leading up to the stock airbox. I had the PVC pipe held in place with welder's tape. Can't believe I did that but it actually worked allright at highspeeds.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

that sounds like a really good mod man, and it doesnt look too ghettofied. do you feel any difference?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I can feel a diff, on the hwy the car feels more responsive.</div>

Please read before asking smile.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

oh ok, thanks lol.. the way he wrote it was really hard to read, all clumped together and such, i must have skipped over it thinking i already read that line
Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Good job col, and nice description when you said put your had out the window. LOL That was a perfect example.

I especially like the idea that there is a way for the air to pass completely through though. That way you shouldn't have that problem that Random and KayJai mentioned.

GB?? LOL
Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 AM

Col, if you did make a GB on this, I'd buy one smile.gif