Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Killer Glass Radiator Hoses

Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for weight. im just saying it would add a bit of weight.. pyrex is heavy, and if you got top and bottom replacement sections, it would add much more than a half a pound. 1/8" thick pyrex glass compared to the weight of 1/8" rubber hose.... think about it..

people take out their interiors, hatch linings, dash pieces for weight. some of those pieces only add up to a few pounds. a full replacement top and bottom hose would add at least 5 pounds of weight to the car..

obviously on the weight thing i was just listing one of the MANY things that make these things gay.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I like them. I think it would be awesome to have it. I don't think it would be worth the price, athough it would be an excellent thing for car shows. This would be one of those things that make people stop at your car and take a real hard look at it. I think an inspection tube would be too small of a section.

To me this would be worth $150 shipped.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

lol weight lmao.gif lmao.gif

"look my tib with the huge bodykit and bondo everywhere is being weighted down by a 8inch hose"

lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^
hahahahahahah!

I've done enough weight reduction on my car to afford the extra .5 pounds one of the race sections will add to my car. LOL Seriously, it's only like 4 inches long, if that.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: car

Ok people.

First off, $200 is the price on the site. If I were to get these made then there would most likely be a Group Buy.

All of you guys crying about the weight, unless you are in the ten second range and have every available performance mod with one sparco CF racing seat, a fully gutted interior, and nothing but an engine, tranny, and wheels on your car, then quit b****ing. Ooh wow, two pounds heavier, go on a f***ing diet then.

Advantages

-Show appeal. I'm sure these would look great at a show like HIN or NOPI.
-Turbo? Know if you blew a head gasket instantly without taking things apart to check.
-They are strong as hell
-They won't swell up or collapse like some rubber hoses do. You ever see your moms pyrex with a casserole in it start collapsing? Didn't think so. Most moms don't cook in incinerators.

Honestly people, if you are going to the track, you can change a hose in like 5 minutes... Remove clamps, remove hose, replace hose, install clamps, fill. Wow, difficult...

MAXXTib, quit crying about rice and leave my thread. Go make something in the crying section, sorry, complaints section. Wahhhh, people like good looking parts, wahhh. Cry about it. Grow up will you?

And you complain about rice. Want to hear rice?
-Anyone who painted their interior
-Anyone who changed steering wheels, pedals, shift knobs, gauge faces, painted interior, painted engine parts, colored hoses/conduit, LED's, speakers, amps, subs, radars, anything like that is rice. Some is purposeful, but you buy it to show it off 'aka' rice, body kits, hoods, tail lights, everything.

Wow, you guys are all ricers aren't you? See what I mean? Stop complaining.

Sorry I tried to get something made for us, my bad, I will never contact companies to get things made again.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM

ok, to me guys, he sounded hurt. i mean, if i was in his place, i'd be hurt as well. i feel sad for him now, i mean he made that clear in his intro about this subject .....
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dude, I said I was down! See what kind of GB prices you can get. This is a feeler thread.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:59 PM

For the right price Id Glass it up. I think its cool, to see a part of a working engine that cant normally be seen.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Bliz, don't take the b****ing personally, some folks can't just leave well enough alone.

I'll make this post.

IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED, f*** OFF AND SHUT UP.

Thank you.

They are actually having a sale on their site right now too, so I could see a GB price on these much cheaper.

I'm not in, but I will be picking up at least one race section.

I've seen them at car shows, I've seen them on track cars, they look bad ass, and have a use.

if I need to loose a pound in the car, I'll shit.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:17 PM

I just got off the phone with Tim at Killerglass, what a nice guy.

Anyways, he said they already HAVE the I4 design done, they just haven't had anyone order one yet.

They also have a BIG sale coming up for February and I'll post the details about it shortly. He said they have every hose for every hyundai that is out there right now (which means it's probably for the XD or GK I4), so I'll see if he has it listed for the RD now.

If so, you guys will REALLY like this sale that's coming up. It'll be posted about it in another thread next week.

BTW, just ordered my race tube.