Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Killer Glass Radiator Hoses

Old 12-29-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Dec 29 2007, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If you are just going to say it's gay or rice, save the stress on your fingers.</div>

^ i guess you didn't read it properly. have some respect people.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Sorry, it can be deleted, I guess I was just in shock when I seen it. lesson learned, But I thought the forum was partly about other peoples opinions on things, both good and bad.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He was only trying to see who would be interested if these were produced to fit our car.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:41 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Looks cool, but not $200 cool
Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

i think they are completely gay, ricey, a waste of money, and a dumb idea.. talk about adding useless weight. and having glass in my engine bay... NO THANKS..

edit: i need to add more..

these just look like they replace a SECTION of one of your hoses for 200$. and the rest of the hose is the standard stock rubber hose.. for 200$..

people pay ~150$ for samcos... why.. cuz they are SUPER high quality, silicone, and they look good.. these just replace a section of the hose and the rest (rubber part) is no higher quality than OEM.

then have some wiring going in the engine bay to light them up? wtf? gayness.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

[size="4"]Hi Tiburon Guys! This is Mad John's mom, yes, the mom. Yes, to answer your question he was born normal but his first baby toy was a wrench. About the glass radiator hose: what a cool thing for you all who are into show; no, if you dropped them surely they wouldn't breake if they are tempered to handle coolant heat and you guys shell out more money than that for concert tickets! They look like the ultimate statement for young men who pride themselves in their cars. And by the way, I do go driving with John but often my stomach is in my throat! Come to Korea and see how the other half of the world lives!

Mad Mom
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Samco's are $137, shipped, when I got mine. I'd get one of the race sections they offer, and put it in on the upper hose, as they said on the site, it's nice to have a visual reference when it's all hot and running.

As for LED's and such, so what? Most car shows have Night Light shows along with them, to see who's got the nicest lighting. To some, it's gay, to others, it's not. Rice is in the eyes of the beholder.

For anyone spending $200 on these hoses, which will be STOCK HOSES with a small glass section, is stupid. To put one of the racing hose sections in, not quite as bad.

As for durability, you guys need to pay attention. This stuff is PYREX. Some of the best stuff you can buy in the glass world. Go to the Killer Glass site and watch teh videos. They pound in a nail with a piece and then run it over with a Ford F250.

No cracks, no damage.

I'll probably get one section and see how it works out. I'll get it etched with the RDT logo, and light it up. Running a couple of wires in the engine bay is nothing, and for any of you serious tuners, it shouldn't be an issue.

LOL

As for colors, they make antifreeze in many colors..

I've seen green, yellow, orange, and red.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

It looks interesting, but I wouldnt have it in my engine bay at all. It weighs to much, to expensive, I dont like the look, and I would be laughed at by inspection guys everytime I went to the track.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

socks you chode, dont believe for a second these will add useless weight. its like maybe a half pound over trad hoses, which is dumb to argue over. just dont get them cause they look like poo and are expensive.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 AM

if you sign up for that completely rip off "sponsorship" site you can get these for I think $70... I was going to get them back in the day but that was when I barely even popped my hood at shows, I wish I would have now.

lol add weight lmao.gif