Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Killer Glass Radiator Hoses

Old 12-28-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

Hey guys. A little while back there was a post about something called Killer Glass radiator hoses. For those of you who don't know, this replace your upper, and possibly lower, radiator hoses.

What is KILLERGLASS?

KILLERGLASS is a customized clear glass radiator hose section that is made from high tech pyrex glass and installed using sections of your existing hose on each end with custom heat shrink clamps and illuminated with Luxeon LEDs! KILLERGLASS is approximately 1/8" thick and chemically hardened and heat treated to over 900 degrees through a three step process to withstand extreme temperatures of heat and cold.

These hoses can come lit in three different colors. Red, blue, and green. I'm sure the LED's can be requested in different colors, and possibly the glass. I contacted the company and they said they would be more than happy to make a set. I just have to send in a couple hoses, take some pics, and we'll see what happens.

The pricing should be around $200. Yes, it is a little pricey, but they look great. People pay over $100 for Samcos, so if you have a highly modded engine bay, these will be a nice touch.
Custom etching is also available for an additional $30.00 and they can do just about any design, logo, or name you want.

From the looks of it, they have the glass inside portion, and the ends look like they are braided SS.

If anyone is interested, just post in the thread. If you are just going to say it's gay or rice, save the stress on your fingers.

Here's a few vids and pics
<span style="color:#FF8C00">Orange</span>, Good video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osommbJ5nw4...feature=related
<span style="color:#FF00FF">Pink</span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcEAagB6dww...feature=related
<span style="color:#008000">Green</span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZkJs84WD0...feature=related
<span style="color:#FF0000">Red</span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDQAuhGvcU...feature=related
<span style="color:#0000FF">Blue</span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtFbrUSBfI...feature=related

Old 12-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

At that price?

No.

But, I did go to their site and see the race sections, for like $40 per section. I'll probably pick up 2 of these and just replace sections of my current hose with them.

Thanks for reminding me. Samco Sports with a section of these, yes please!

I'm just wondering how you light them up like that.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They use LEDs somehow. And the lower hose would be way to much, that thing is huge. I think just an upper would be kind of cool. Im not sure I would spend that much though. They look nice.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

looks really nice, cost to much though
Old 12-29-2007, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif
Old 12-29-2007, 09:52 AM

Like $170 max probably and I'd get em.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:01 AM

we'd like to get for my baby! but our only thought is, what'd happen if we accidently drops it!? it'd break wouldn't it?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:26 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Dec 29 2007, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm just wondering how you light them up like that.</div>

I'm taking a stab... From the appearance of the lighting and the spread, it looks like they positioned a LED under the hose and shined it through on either side. You could run some wires to it, secure them somehow, then use some clear liquid cement to secure the LED to the tube and as a light channel into the glass, then paint over it with some liquid electrical or something so the LED only shines into the tube.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Just one thing. What kind of fluid is running through them because I don't know about anyone else but mine is green like normal antifreeze.

How can they still look like that without the green antifreeze affecting the color?

If it is clear glass how do you light up green fluid with red leds and have it look right?

Maybe its a stupid question or I missed something or they sell colored anitfreeze?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM

What the heck, Talk about rice, I can't beleive someone would come out with a clear rad hose, what next reverse glow air filters, I really can't see many people wanting these even on a pimped out show car, what is the tuning world coming to, sorry to offend anyone but they are horrible in my opinion, I can see colored hoses or s.s. braided hoses but light up colored see through hoses are just going to far.