Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Killer Glass Hoses And A Water Temp Gauge

Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

ok, got my prosport guages in a gb and also the killer glass hoses. want to put them both in but does it matter where you put your water temp hose adaptor? i know most of the people ive seen with temp gauges the adaptor goes in the top tube but this is where the curved killerglass tube goes in and i have the straight race hose also.

decisions, decision, let me know, thanks in advance.

Lee
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Speaking of killer glass, does anyone have any pics of theirs put in yet?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its actually a hose piece for the gauge? You could probably take the stock one out and screw in like a t-fitting for the sending unit if its one of those kind.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 PM

ok, here are some pics since it seems like we have a little communication problem,lol.

every pic ive seen of water temp gauges the fitting you use in the hose is always in the top hose. can it be placed is any of the other hoses? i have the short race tube so i was wondering if i could place it in the longer bottom tube and still get a good reading from sticking it there.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There is an actual sending unit that screws into that then, right? You dont have to use the tube. You should be able to get a t off the stock location and run them both there if you dont want the tube. Otherwise any area will be fine. Coolant will be a little cooler straight out of the radiator and warmer out of the engine but if you watch it you will be able to tell when it overheats in either area. I would go with stock location though. I didnt know they gave you an adaptor like that.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I know this is off topic but could i buy the bottom hose one from you.. let me know.

I would run the temp switch on the bottom hose. that is the temp when it leave the engine..
Old 07-04-2008, 12:06 PM

thanks for the replies guys.

as of right now , well last night, i tried to push the temp gauge coupler on the hose but it is a no go. i think they sent me the wrong size or they dont know what exact size we need for oem hyundai hoses. I will get it installed though.

M_J, i really want to install mine but i could find out if they would sell me another race tube. that is what it is called for some reason, and send it to you. i dont think they will sell the race tube alone but i am not for sure. let me know bud.

Lee
Old 07-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

www.killerglass.com

They are in the middle of moving offices right now, but yes, they sell the race tube by itself.

MJ, if you want my Racetube, you can have it, I'm going to get the full curved one now that I've seen it. Same price I paid, $100 shipped.

I'll pick up my tubes from them when I get my new radiator so I can do it all at once, it's just sitting here right now.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:15 PM

i plan on doing the same thing Jer, switching out hoses when i get my koyo. i just thought i could do a mod this weekend since i have time to kill. this "mod a week" thing is really fun, lol.

ive got spare hoses to whittle on before i got to my new ones. just got plan ole gates cause there is no way in hell im chopping up 150 dollar samco's.