Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Keifco Tps Need Help !

Old 08-06-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

i bought the keifco TPS from kpsec finaly receved it friday and instaled it tihs week and.... but the car still won't idle until the car is at rest.... when the car is rolling it idle at like 1100rpm and when i rev it up it goes down but it stuble a bit a 2000rpm then 1500 then 1000....

what could cause this ? it's not the pcv valve so what else i know that my clutch as problem to release could it be ? i tought it was the TPS as some people told me over here but seem not sad.gif

help me please !!!!!! crying.gif
Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Is the TPS arrow facing the right way?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wait, calm down.

Are you saying that when you release the clutch when your going say 60-70 @ 3000 rpms the RPMs drop slowly, from 2000 to 1500 to 1000ish and dont drop down to 800 until your fully stopped? Thats normal, its just the ECU protecting your syncros incase you put it into the wrong gear.

If your car is idleing irradically and responding oddly when you hit the throttle, along with a TPS CEL, then your TPS is to blame, which im sure its not, because you just replaced it with a keifco.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:10 PM

tps arrow ? you must be thinking MAF.... the MAF arrow is pointing the Fire wall.... pretty shure it's the right way

and id don't think there a wrong way to instal the TPS ?... i installed it like the oem one was the car working really great except the idle and rpm problem only hapening and in neutral .... sad.gif

Alex your sayinng it's normal ? i never saw a car do that evan my accent my mom old sonata the old lantra we had either... my other cars to.... i mean the rpm was always droping "uniformly" :S

still finding that strange
Old 08-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Were they stick?

The car is protecting itself from you lol.

Auto tranny dont need to worry about you jamming it into the wrong gear (say 2nd @ 70mph) and releasing the clutch = bad.

Was my description accurate? take a video if you want.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaveRick @ Aug 7 2006, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>tps arrow ? you must be thinking MAF.... the MAF arrow is pointing the Fire wall.... pretty shure it's the right way

and id don't think there a wrong way to instal the TPS ?... i installed it like the oem one was the car working really great except the idle and rpm problem only hapening and in neutral .... sad.gif

Alex your sayinng it's normal ? i never saw a car do that evan my accent my mom old sonata the old lantra we had either... my other cars to.... i mean the rpm was always droping "uniformly" :S

still finding that strange</div>

Just don't listen to me, I'm a Douchebag.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Did you reset your ECU?

If you rev the engine and let off, it should STEP down RPM's like Alex expained above. As long as it drives normally, doesn't STAY revved high at idle, and finally idles at around 850 to 975 RPM, you are fine.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM

oki thx i'll do a vids and show you .... to be shure but if you says it's normal i beleve you just founded that strange smile.gif
Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Have you recently installed the airram or a big bore throttle body?

It sounds to me sorta like your throttle cable is sticking or something, or maybe rubbing against something (that happened to me after installing my airram/bbtb). Hmm, what about the nut on the end of your throttle pulleys?

After isntalling the TPS, did you reset your ECU?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:52 PM

LoL zoned u see the rest of the thead? Were pretty sure he has no problem and he's just describing the engine stepping down to protect his gears/syncros.

Im going to close this so more people dont say, "hey my car does that too, omg its not supposed to do that?"

MaveRick if you do a video and want to show me PM me the link and ill open this back up if i feel its not acting normal.