Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

just realized something bout the map'd beta's , i think lol

Old 08-05-2002, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just realized something bout the map'd beta's , i think lol

ok this has really nothing to do with what i am researching but just something i want to clarify.
the 2001-2002 elantras came with the map based/solid shim 2.0 beta right? and these definitely are obd-ii compliant (i assume as they are in the US... duh) ...... so my question is ... would these motors work well with the rpw dual or quad throttle body systems? as i thought that it was said before that the dual/quad throttle body systems were for map based engines only.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:07 PM

Aren't quad throttle bodies really hard to tune? I seem to remember peeps from aust posting that stuff on fxtreme.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:40 PM

btw i forgot to ad this ... to my question lol ....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>would these motors work well with the rpw dual or quad throttle body systems?</div>WITHOUT doing anything to the obd-ii system, other than having to tune for it properly?
Old 08-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

No. That simple.

The MAP sensor and ECU fuel/timing maps are based off how the engine breathes through ONE TB. If you go to the DUAL TB arrangement, the engine can breath MUCH more efficently, and that throws the ECU maps to hell. You MIGHT be able to get away with an S-AFC for this, but I'm guessing it would throw off the stock fueling maps so significantly, that tuning the S-AFC would be very tricky. You wouldn't be able to do it yourself. You would NEED a dyno to tune it. I would also alter the setup of the "normal" S-AFC install. Rather than run the S-AFC off the TPS, I would run it directly off the MAP. That way, any changes in reading are DIRECTLY related to the alterations you make in fueling.

For the 4TB setup, it requires 4 map sensors, on AFTER each TB. There's no way the stock ECU can figure out 4 MAP sensor readings.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:52 AM
Red

Nope, even the S-AFC cannot deal with a quad throttle body change on a stock MAP setup. That is just TOO crazy.

Also, it doesn't necessarily need four MAP sensors, it really only needs one. The vacuum difference between the four throttlebodies should be almost zero, unless there's something wrong with your head/cam/valves/etc.