Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Just Ordered Kfx Equal-length Header

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Im sorry but I beg to differ. I had both 2.25 and 2.5 on my elantra. The elantra car ran 2 tenths faster in the 1/4 with the 2.25. oh and by the way when I swapped to 2.5 I also replace all my pulleys with j-speed light weight/underdrive pulleys and ran 2 tenths slower. So the scavenge effect still has a play in modern vehicles.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM

You want the lowest pressure possible on the port side of the exhaust valve. The ultimate exhaust would have a dynamic diameter thats fuction would be to maximize the velocity of the exhaust gas at all engine loads and speeds.

An exhaust is like head work.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

get some sound clips up here too. i'm interested to hear those headers compared to maintec. don't forget about sensor extensions. give that some extra thought.

i have a thrush. the paint comes right off. it might be better to sand it off and get it powdercoated. but i'm not worried about it too much. the mild steel isn't rusting either so it's good too. i'm interested in hearing this cherrybomb glasspack, but to me it's all the same.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/Gold...iburonnoise.flv

that's the only clip i have of my magnaflow, interior soundproofed with edead v1, windows open. you can hear it better with good earphones.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

lol I just want to say I have the exact exhaust set-up as ursonvs and we bought them from the same guy. But its only quiet below 2500 rpms lol. Grated mine is still on the auto so it could be different for the 5spd. I'll know this weekend hopefully T_T
Old 10-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Role Reversal @ Oct 27 2008, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im sorry but I beg to differ. I had both 2.25 and 2.5 on my elantra. The elantra car ran 2 tenths faster in the 1/4 with the 2.25. oh and by the way when I swapped to 2.5 I also replace all my pulleys with j-speed light weight/underdrive pulleys and ran 2 tenths slower. So the scavenge effect still has a play in modern vehicles.</div>

Were the track conditions identical? Same weather, same track prep, etc... I doubt it.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Oct 27 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>winston,
if you plan on going with a 2.5" exhaust, I got these for sale. Bullfrog got some off of me a a few months back, was very pleased.</div>

Nvs,
Are they the same thickness as the ones you sent me? 3/8th think is gigantic
Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM

I had almost the same setup as the one in the diagram.

Except for the header. I had ssautochromes.

I had the 52" thrush glasspack and a super turbo muffler.

There was no rasp or fart sound, but the amount of bass from the exhaust is pretty loud and gets annoying.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Frog,
I've looked at ebay motors and people are selling 1/2" flanges which i thought was overkill. my apexi's are 5/16 or 3/8, cant remember right now . truthfully, the more meat you have at a intersecting point the better IMO.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

Thanks for all the input guys fing02.gif

I think I'm going with an almost identical setup to REDZMAN's, except maybe with one additional resonator (if it will fit).

I decided to stick with 2.5" because I eventually plan on going turbo.

Thanks i8aCobra for recommending the correct type of high-flow cat smile.gif

UrSONvS, how many of those flanges do you have? I don't know how many I need yet but I'm definitely interested.

The KFX header should be in by friday, but I think I'm going to wait to put it on until I get the exhaust done. After 8 winters in Iowa the stock exhaust is basically made of rust tongue.gif

I'm hoping to drive up to Amarillo (were the shop is located) either the weekend after next, or the weekend after that.

Now I just need to start porting stuff, and finish up my intake side laugh.gif
Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Only way you'd fit an additional resonator on my setup would be if you had one about a foot long.

The huge one they put on my car, that I put pics of up, is like 36 inches.

The thing I love about mine is there's no raspyness, there's no rattling, it's just controllable noise. If I'm aggressive, it sounds aggressive, if I'm gentle and smooth, so is it.

BTW, I've been pulled over 2 times since I got this exhaust, and have not received a ticket (45 in a 35 [flow of traffic, guy in front and behind me got pulled over too], and a tail light out).

Oh, and an update, it still has never scraped.