Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Just Installed The Aem. My Thoughts.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, GET THIS MOD. It is definitely worth the price I paid for it ($150 shipped through a member on the board).

Installation took an hour for me and a friend mechanic. Wasn't hard. Wasn't a walk in the park either.

Things I like about it:-

1) The sound...Drrrrrrooool!!!

2) Throttle Response. Phenomenal improvement in the way the car revs and then falls back to idle

3) Can't really feel much of a power difference, but the car feels significantly lighter. Thats a good thing.

Im glad I got it. Now, whats next? Bwuhahahaaha!

Aviv
Old 06-19-2005, 09:25 AM

Aviv, if you like the sound of your CAI now.. do a full throttle run next to a concrete centre divider... and if you really want the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up.. find a tunnel.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well I def felt a power diff thats strange you did it, agree with you about everything else though

yea the sound next to walls is really nice, but I have never driven through a tunnel
Old 06-19-2005, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Jun 19 2005, 08:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>3) Can't really feel much of a power difference, but the car feels significantly lighter. Thats a good thing.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

You need to drive your car harder.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

AEM = midrange power. You probably won't feel too much high-end difference, althought I felt a little. Try highway passing @ 3000RPM, you'll feel the diff more there.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Yea dude, soon as i pin my car after the install, i was like "DAAAAAAAAAAAA*M". I felt a very big difference. And now that i took it off to install the turbo its even more noticable as to the amount of power i got from it.

Sound wise. When i would come home from school i had to merge on to a highway. Right after the merge was an overpass. So just to hear the banginess sound, I would smack it back it to second as id go under it.

It was such a nice little fellow.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wonder if he reset his ECU.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 19 2005, 09:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wonder if he reset his ECU.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I did.

Speaking about driving the car harder, heres an interesting question:

Are the Beta engines reliable?

Mine just turned 100K miles and to be quite honest, Im not driving it hard out of fear of breaking something.

Aviv
Old 06-19-2005, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

i got 135,000 on my motor........... still drive hard like an everyday driver smile.gif no probs either.... Racing*track of course crazy.gif *
Old 06-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Aviv, if you like the sound of your CAI now.. do a full throttle run next to a concrete centre divider... and if you really want the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up.. find a tunnel.</div>

completely agree!!! good point Mad, it's exactly what I do. if you like the sound of it, go into a tunnel and floor it at 60mph. When you switch down, the throttle will be fully open letting the CAI suck in alot of air. It will sound like a Le Mans car! I do this under bridges.

What size piping did you get? I got 3inch and it's giving me high end power. I got a bit of low end and it's a noticeable difference, but it's even more noticeable when you start enjoying the extra power at higher RPM's.

The reason your car feels lighter is due to the fact that the engine is having less trouble pulling the car due to the increased air flow. Try going up a hill, you will notice the difference. The more colder air input the more denser oxygen into your engine allowing it to breathe. Stock intake boxes just choke the car.