Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Its Been A While, But I Need Some Help.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

power -> switch -> motor.... I'd say check the switch.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

switch is fine on mine, already tried replacing it.

atleast the driver side switch. doesnt matter though, i know there is a break somewhere between the left and right door. my guess is its the harness that is inside the door jam. that thing is finicky getting it back in.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:12 PM

my harness is fine... (both sides)

Im curious were the stupid relay is... Im guessing their might be a loose connection or a bent wire some where near there.

Im close to gutting the POS and re wiring the dam thing myself.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM

As for the passenger side window not rolling up. Mine has the same problem if it is all the way down. Neat trick is to bring the window all the way down then tap the up button to move the window just a bit. Never have problems with the windows any more.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 AM

roll it all the way down then up?

Umm... that would kind of suck if its raining.

I guess ill dig in this weekend. I dont even know what the relay looks like, but i guess ill start slicing up the wire tubings near the ECU and just follow the wire.

Eventually ill hit the relay.

I thought it was just my goofy lambo doors and re-wiring, but seeing as how other people have it, it must be the relay. Hyundai must have f-up on one of the connections.
I might just go ahead and rewire the whole b**** myself using my own relay.... with all the wiring and re-wiring ive done it might actually prove to be a decent investment.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

JAWS, I'm sorry, I didn't see a damn thing you just wrote. I'm too busy looking at your Sig. Please try again later
Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM

jaws, im willing to bet 99% it has something to do with the lambo door wiring. not saying anytrhing is wrong with the wiring, i just think that adjusting things caused the problem. i have the EXACT problem and it started only after i messed with the components.

i dont even think there is a relay you need to be looking for. i think the driver side switch shoots power straight to the pass. side motor, all though it does pass through the pass switch. i am pretty sure its just a break in the wiring somewhere, probably at the harness where they connect from body to door.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Jun 16 2006, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>JAWS, I'm sorry, I didn't see a damn thing you just wrote. I'm too busy looking at your Sig. Please try again later</div>

Its ok i understand...
Here brother..
Another pic of my girl

NOT QUIT LOOKING AT HER ASSHOLE!
machinegun.gif
lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jun 16 2006, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>jaws, im willing to bet 99% it has something to do with the lambo door wiring. not saying anytrhing is wrong with the wiring, i just think that adjusting things caused the problem. i have the EXACT problem and it started only after i messed with the components.</div>

Thats what im thinking it MIGHT be. Some coroded wire.
I removed the the harness that goes from the body to the door due to the lambo doors f-ing things up.

Im going to have to pull ALL the electrical tape and check it out..
grrr

I would still like to look at that relay.
I touched something by the ecu and all of a sudden it worked.
I know it was a short that caused the problem, since it did manage to burn the engine bay (power window) fuse.

Keep in mind, i havent messed with wiring in over a couple of months.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:57 PM

if it worked when you were touching somethign around the ecu then i am 1 million % sure it is a bad connection somewhere. you moved it slightly and it made contact for a short moment. thats what it is.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM

yeah me too.. What sux is that portion is somewhere under shrink tubing,... which is why im thinking its at the relay.

I still havent been able to locate it... i might ust end up slicing the shrink tubing and following one of the stupid wires.