Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Interior Lights

Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I start, I tried searching. I didn't find anything on interior lights specifically not working.
Well, I was trying to make my door dinger shutup. I can't stand the sound. (All lights worked). Well I found the black box under the dash where it was. I was tracing the wires to find a pigtail connector but I accidentaly pulled on the blue wire leading to the dinger box. The dinger shutup. (Pigtail still connected) Well I notice my door lights, clock, and console lights don't work. I don't think it's bulbs. How could they all blow at the same time? Possibly a bad ground? I have checked all fuses. All were good. I'll get pictures under my dash later, I think the previous owner, or hyundai did a bad wiring job. I have 3 black boxs under the dash with in-line fuses (checked these too) and connectors with some leading to the ECU relay. It just seems like someone was tampering with the wires. Most are Zip-Tied together. Anyway, what are somethings to check for the lights and clock? Everything else works fine. Any help is appreciated.

*Side Note* I notice my door ajar light and hatch light on the cluster don't turn on either. I would assum those are bulbs. I will check this weekend. But could they be on the same circuit as my interior lights?
Thanks to all.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check your fuses. Check the fuses in the engine bay.

Those circuits aren't really related. The doors are on constant power and the clock is on hot-at-on power.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM

I checked the ones in the engine bay. I'll check again though. I hope it's just a fuse.

EDIT** I just re-checked all engine bay fuses. They all are good. Interior fuses checkout too.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

if you only checked the ones in the engine bay, then you probably wont find much to help you with any accesories, basically all of the accesory fuses are in the cabin, down by the pedals
Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 PM

when i disconected my door dingers in mine all the interior light quit working and the clock also the door ajar and trunk light quit coming on as well. so i would check all the wires for anything to do with the dinger box or connectors on the door jam... maybe something with the blue wire that u pulled by accident...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 PM
DTN

Check dash fuse 6 first

Check left tail lamp fuse 10A in engine

Check fusible link F in engine, the green one
Old 10-09-2008, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

wow, you really got on top of that DTN, as usual of course fing02.gif
Old 10-09-2008, 09:38 PM

Well I feel stupid. The one fuse I skipped over. It was #6 inside the cabin. duh.gif Geez. Sorry for making a topic over a fuse. But thanks for those diagram DTN. I saved them. Thanks to all.
Everything works now. I un-plugged the dinger. All is good. wink.gif
Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 AM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrandonR @ Oct 9 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But thanks for those diagram DTN. I saved them.</div>

You can get the rest along with shop manuals at www.hmaservice.com username rdtiburon.com password tiburon.