Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Intake Manifold

Old 04-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/tiburon

is there any availabe other than the air rams or could i possible make shift one from an eclipse
Old 04-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You could make shift one from a pile of sheet metal elbows and flats. Unless the ports and bolt holes are at least really close to perfectly the same, you're not going to make shift anything with a cast metal part. Welding on cast metal . . . not so easy.

The thought occurs to me that it would be neat to see a composite (fiberglass or carbon fiber reinforced) or just plain plastic intake manifold. It would probably be easier for most people to weld up one from tubing. Maybe I'll put that on my project list. As item #1059.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Idea!!! haha..how plausible is the fiberglass/carbonfiber reinforced composite? I think a carbonfiber intake manifold would be pretty sick, and not to mention probably one of a kind!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:17 PM

that would be sick but do you think it would be possible to modify an aftermarket eclipse manifold to fit my tibby
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Why don't you look into it YOURSELF.

You have 2 eyes, compare the 2 manifolds and see if it will take small modification or extensive amount of work. It might not even be worth it in the end.

This isn't rocket science, just look at the flanges, runner spacing, injector spacings, tb mounting etc.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM

im only 17 this is my first car and i was just wandering if it has been done before
Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Seeing your age and lack of experience, I suggest you begin with basic maintenance of your tib. As you own the vehicle, more problems will arise that will require attention. Explore, research, study, inform yourself and fix the problems yourself. Your gain a lot of knowledge this way.

You have a lot to learn. Begin signing up on forums and explore different the whole forum. Do some deep cleaning and check out threads with interesting titles. Sign up on different forums like hyundaiaftermarket.org, honda-tech.com turboforums (if that interest you) and research/read articles and threads.

You'll find that a stock manifold will perform up-to and above 400whp on boosted vehicles. There are other bottle necks you will find. On N/A engines, intake manifold is usually upgrades lastly before internal engine work. Design and purpose of IM's range and are different between boosted applications and Naturally aspirated. If you follow my advice above, you'll soon see why.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM

You cannot modify a 4G63T EVO Intake Manifold to work on your Hyundai head. Its been tried, by me, and it won't work. Now I'm attempting to make my own short ram manifold out of the stock one by cutting about 4 inches out of the middle. So far so good.. smile.gif
Old 04-21-2010, 05:58 PM

yeah ive come to realize that haha it seemed like a good idea