Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Installed Safc2, Cannot Get Rpms To Display.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, how hard was it to tap the wires? I looked at the ECU wires before and it seems very hard to find anything there and I bet it's even more difficult to wire anything up...
Old 05-23-2005, 04:59 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Well it is not so bad if you remove the plastic casing around the plug of the ecu. All you need to do is clip the ziptie, remove the tape, and there is a removable plastic panel on the top. Then grab the wires, and push the plastic housing towards them, it should come loose. Hold it at an angle and slide them through. I still have it removed, I can't figure out how to get the dang thing plugged in with the casing on. I do'nt think it is going to go anywhere though, it takes alot of force to unplug it.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Actually if you splice your wires correctly that cover will come right off.

You have to use that cover to reinstall the plug though. The metal clasp locks it in place. Mess around with it and you'll see what I mean.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I have it plugged in without that cover right now. It plugs in really secure without the locking cover, takes quite a bit of force to remove it. You just have to make sure you get it aligned properly before attempting to plug it in.

My next project will be to put the cover on and plug it in properly.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Meh, if it's in I doubt you'll have to worry about it. I think that cover is just there to well, cover the wires from potental damage.