Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

install CAI help

Old 01-12-2005, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an AOS intake which is very similar to the Injen. I then saw the light and switched over to an intake that placed the filter in the fender weld. I actually lost my first engine cause the AOS injested water...I feel more at ease now that my filter has more protection in the fender weld.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:33 PM

k so i shouldent even consider injen, good to know. So now with the installation how hard is it to do, would you recomend profesional instal or do u think its simple enough for amature to do. anyone have pics
Old 01-13-2005, 05:50 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

hehehe "professional" installs of CAI do not exist man. When you get it, take a look at it, see where it goes, and start cutting, that simple. If you want in the meantime, take a look at REDZMAN's DIY for the resonator removal. This will give you an idea of what you have to take out. and where the AEM intake is going to have to go to fit.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:16 AM

yea... just about anybody who has a brain, working hands, and tools can do this install. Just take your time and make sure that everything is tight when you are done, it does not rub anywhere... AND the Air Flow sensor is still pointed in the right direction.. we have enough people looking for help with bad running cars because they had it backwards.

Also, remember to reinstall the air temp sensor into the new intake