Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

install CAI help

Old 01-12-2005, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install CAI help

was wondering if someone could do a DIY for a CAI in a 01 Tib or if someone could exlpain with pics would be nice. is it just as easy as taking the old one out and putting the new one on or is there more to it
Old 01-12-2005, 07:15 PM

Default CAI install

For a manual or Auto tranny?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:17 PM

do you have a CAI already? if not... the install is quite easy.

remove all coponents from your engine compartment (i.e. air box, resonator thingy, any hoses etc...)

next thing is to remove the splash guards from the drivers side of the front of the car, including the wheel well (you dont have to remove the wheel well one, just push it to the side)

if you have an AEM you must cut out a hole in the splash guard for the pipe to run through... you will know what im talkin about when u get to it.

next just slide the intake (minus filter) down throught the hole... you could go ahead and connect it to the MAF sensor holder...

then bolt the intake to the metal post thing that was where the resonator was.

put the filter on...

tighten all bolts and such...

reassemble splash guards

start and rev... you will love the sound.

sorry if this is kinda confusing... i dont have any pics... if anyone wants to help out, haha i could use it
Old 01-12-2005, 07:25 PM

its for a manual, thanx is the AEM and injen intakes basically the same for fitting cause im getting the injen one, just curious. anyone else with some tips or pics
Old 01-12-2005, 07:28 PM

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

have you ordered it....

dont waste your money on injen dood... get the AEM. we've had many talks on this and dyno results prove that the AEM gives more horsepower (not much but hey... more is more) than the injen...

as far as i know they would basically be the same type of install.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<span style="color:red">click me</span> for DIY on HP.com (pictures are Red X's, but the write up is good)

editsince you got the injen, it won't be as hard... since the cone filter isn't place where it SHOULD be...

go AEM wink1.gif
Old 01-12-2005, 07:38 PM

The AEM CAI came with detailed pics and instructions, Injen I would expect to be the same. I just installed mine on a 97 Rev. A and I didn't have to cut a hole in the splash guard for the pipe... unless the RD1 and RD2 are different when it comes to this? I also have a manual tranny.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:00 PM

i havent ordered it yet but i can get a injen one of ebay for $120 but if aem is better then ill spend the extra, thanx for the warning
Old 01-12-2005, 08:02 PM

Don't get the Injen. The filter is still located in the lower part of the engine bay, which will be effected by the engine heat. Also, the Injen has a greater chance of injesting water since the filter has no protection/shielding.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pyro)</div><div class='quotemain'>i havent ordered it yet but i can get a injen one of ebay for $120 but if aem is better then ill spend the extra, thanx for the warning</div>
the AEM puts the filter in a better performing location. (behind the left side fog light). the injen puts it under the battery tray.