Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Increasing The A/c

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

where i live (adelaide, australia) its regularly gets over 37c (100f) and upto 45c (113f). now my aircon is cold at the vents (when i put my hand up to it) but not cold enough to cool the entire car

questions:

1) can i make the air colder?
2) can i get more cold air coming out of the vents, like increase the volume
3) will window tinting help? does it help that much?
4) can after market sunroof be done? or not with the money?

cheers
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you get window tinting designed to keep the heat (not the light, necessarily) out, tinting will help big time.

Sunroof: do you REALLY want another hole for sunlight/heat to pour in through?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stocker @ Dec 9 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sunroof: do you REALLY want another hole for sunlight/heat to pour in through?</div>
my idea was for cool moving air to flow in (when driving)
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

You might need to get your A/C recharged. A shop can do it for you or you might be able to do it yourself I'm not sure though.

You can get an aftermarket sunroof put in if you really want one, but it makes it worse letting the sun in from the top.

We had a truck with a sunroof and the sun shining through it on a hot day always made it hotter.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

I have heard alot of bad things about getting aftermarket sun roofs. Ive heard they arent very reliable and are commonly flawed but I have no experience personally as my tib came with a sunroof. smile.gif (which i love so much) My summers dont get that hot but generally I do find when moving with the sunroof open it does cool the car down. Its when your stopped that the sun beats down on your neck/head.

However, I agree with Tib001 in saying to recharge your A/C unit. I got it done in my old car and there was definately a huge difference.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

A larger condensor fan motor will help as well. The more heat you can dissipate from the condensor, the more efficient the cooling will be.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You can do an aftermarket sunroof for about $150 (if you install it yourself, $500+ if you have it done for you). It will help let out heat, but is also a small source of heat.
Tinting is a must. I haven't heard of what Stocker is talking about, but it sounds cool. Get the darkest tint possible, it's by far the best thing (and looks awesome). Besides lowering interior temps, it keeps your seats cooler from any direct sun.
And since you can't tint your front window, get one of those metallic 'screens', for when you park. This reflects a huge amount of sunlight and again prevents your seats from heating up due to direct sun. This is the best bang for your buck. http://www.globaltrucker.com/products/Road...een-4782-1.html <--- for an example. Just be sure to get the right size...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

+1 for recharging a/c. I did mine myself and it only cost like $20, now it works like a dream.