Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I'm Just Curious

Old 04-02-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

hate to hyjack the thread but does that cause any stress marks in the paint or anything? cause theres quite a few spots i wouldnt mind doing that too, and do they have to be super small dents? or can they be a fair size
Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

not sure if its ur cup of tea but...

xxxmonoxidechild- http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=18520&hl=

and this is how its done- http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=17874&hl=

take a stab at it. u can get pretty creative with stuff you can find.

this is my diy lip kit for the rd1

Front lip and side skirt.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Got the dent removal idea from here:

dent removal

Seems to work without hurting the paint or anything, but try it in a small inconspicuous area first.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I heard that dryer/CO2 thing before but never thought it would work. Guess it does, I'll have to try it too. cool.gif

BTW, why is this in here(DIY)?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

if you got a grand or so to spend in the future i'd get

Cold air intake, AEM or ebay one
Headers
Lowering springs or Nex coilovers, heard a good few things about nex on here but not sure on there price
clear corners
HID's

car will sound great and look great imo
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

With a Grand? Ha, wish I had that right bout now smile.gif

If you're willing to put in the work yourself, (I'd suggest it, makes it more "your baby" when its your sweat n lil blood in it), you can get quite a few things for a grand.

Cold Air Intake: (if you liked response from removing the resonator, you're going to love this one)

Get an AEM for bout $120, or a decent knock off from Ebay for ~$50

Exhaust: (excellent HP gains here)

Replace Header and Flex Pipe with an SSA/OBX one (Ebay , or someone selling one on here) ~$150 You can find great info on this in the DIY section.

~$300 to replace all your exhaust piping with 2.25 - 2.5"

Get a Magnaflow Muffler n Catalytic Converter (hi - flow is important). Get a long Resonator as well.
You'll need to get a decent exhaust shop to do this for you. There is lots of posts regarding Exhausts on these forums, take a look at em!

New Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors for your brakes, search forums for information on these: ~$200

Also get a 1.8 ECU and cam, not sure on pricing.. depends on availability, something to shoot for though.

Then use the leftovers to upgrade your Fogs and lights to HID, put in LEDs for your interior, and other random stuff...

If you want to get even more after that, you can upgrade your pulleys, and even go Turbo cool.gif

Why I know all this off the tip of the mind? Cus, thats what I would really like to do if I had the money. Been researching it for a while now.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Apr 2 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Got the dent removal idea from here:

dent removal

Seems to work without hurting the paint or anything, but try it in a small inconspicuous area first.</div>

That's friggin awesome.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (enigo @ Apr 3 2007, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With a Grand? Ha, wish I had that right bout now smile.gif

If you're willing to put in the work yourself, (I'd suggest it, makes it more "your baby" when its your sweat n lil blood in it), you can get quite a few things for a grand.

Cold Air Intake: (if you liked response from removing the resonator, you're going to love this one)

Get an AEM for bout $120, or a decent knock off from Ebay for ~$50

Exhaust: (excellent HP gains here)

Replace Header and Flex Pipe with an SSA/OBX one (Ebay , or someone selling one on here) ~$150 You can find great info on this in the DIY section.

~$300 to replace all your exhaust piping with 2.25 - 2.5"

Get a Magnaflow Muffler n Catalytic Converter (hi - flow is important). Get a long Resonator as well.
You'll need to get a decent exhaust shop to do this for you. There is lots of posts regarding Exhausts on these forums, take a look at em!

New Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors for your brakes, search forums for information on these: ~$200

Also get a 1.8 ECU and cam, not sure on pricing.. depends on availability, something to shoot for though.

Then use the leftovers to upgrade your Fogs and lights to HID, put in LEDs for your interior, and other random stuff...

If you want to get even more after that, you can upgrade your pulleys, and even go Turbo cool.gif

Why I know all this off the tip of the mind? Cus, thats what I would really like to do if I had the money. Been researching it for a while now.</div>

You added a 0 to his number bud.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM

Has there been a DIY posted for the shifter surround LED's? It looks cool as hell. I looked in the DIY section but did not see one