Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I'm An Idiot Help Qquickly.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Well in the manual it says its underneath the dash ( lower part ). Is there an easier way to disconnect fuel pump. I need to do a compression test.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:58 PM

The fuse is just down on the left corner, where is the "foot rest" (where you put your left leg when it's doing nothing) other than that is disconecting the fuel pump harness.... below the back seat.... but its a lot difficult than taking out the fuse...
Old 08-18-2005, 05:03 PM

Which fuse is it because I don't see it.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

there is a fuel pump relay in the passenger relay box. its up above the clutch pedal.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

ok i'm still curious as to where this fuel pump relay is. i found the relay panel above the dead pedal/clutch pedal, i even pulled 3 of the 4 (i think) relays. the one closest (the big one) to the gas pedal is for the hazard lights. there was a white one that i don't know what it does, then moving further to the left and closer to the bottom, there was a 12v 20a fuse (when i pulled that my car would not start). the last one (another 12v 20a relay closest to door loom) i figured out was a power window relay (next time i'll make sure that i plugged everyting in the right spot instead of roasting the relay and not being able to roll up the windows)...

so my question still lingers is it the white relay, the relay that wouldn't let my car start, or am i missing something else?

further still is it really easier to lay on the floor get my hand caught between all those harnesses,wires,and keyless entry boxes as opposed to taking out the backseat and disconnecting the harness?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:18 PM

OR you can unplug the injectors smile.gif

The relay is there. I'm sure you had it.

Taking out the backseat takes 10 min.

On a side note. I like how you used the search button. There are guys here that have been on here longer than you and they don't even know where tab is.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 PM

as far as searching, i've spent a better part of my life (as a non-member) reading people argue and do mathmatical equations and telling others just to get a turbo instead of replacing their brake lights, so for the most part i'm the unspoken forum peeping tom-... i know all of you, i've been under your hood i even know what motor oil is your favorite flavor. i know where to find what i want. but none the less i will defend the underdog there are alot of similar subjects on this site but they all differ slightly so it can get pretty frustrating to find that one certain detail.

back on topic though-...pulling out injectors would probably work, but for future refrence when i go to change my fuel filter or port my intake manifold, i'm gonna have to relieve the fuel lines and apperently rolaids don't work on fuel lines. if that was the right relay and the car wouldn't start-...no gas no start? but most said that they start it up and it dies in like a minute.

10 minutes for the backseat! when multiplied by my work ethic and "know how" factored in with the question of "am i tightening this or loosening it ?"should turn out to be just under an hour v.s. "just pulling a fuse" as some would call it and by fuse they mean the mysterious relay, which took me well into the next morning just to find that damn panel (which is not under the hood, nor in the fuse panel), not that mike and his hard lemonade didn't have anything to do with it.

appreciate the response though!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 PM

on the inside of the cover there should be a "map" of the fuse layout that shows what each fuse is. there is also a similar fuse panel under the hood next to the drivers side strut tower... it may be in there.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

hahaha
^^^funny guy
lol.gif

I'm gonna patent that, Rolaids for fuel lines. And maybe some Pepto Bismol for Brake Lines ("the easy way to bleed your lines...")
lmao.gif

Well, if it's going to REALISTICALLY take you an hour to find some unknown fuse/relay/box/cannister/whatevere... you might as well just unplug each injector (the wiring to them). It's easy (really it IS, even for people who don't want ot install their own cold air intake or something..). There are four injectors and four electrical clips going to the top of each. There are four thin metal clips that keep the electrical wiring in place ON the injector, you have to have a small flathead or something to pop those little metal clips out and then you can pull the wires. Don't lose the clips though! wink1.gif

You know how to do a compression test right?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:03 PM

i'm pretty sure i know how to do a compression test (well till i actually tried, forgot that the throttle has to be wide open) but none the less i was alone and drunk (no i'm not an alcoholic, my drinking buddy/automotive assitant had to go before i did the compression test) and according to another post/webtech (so he says) you do not have to stop the fuel in any way shape or form but you do have unplug the coilpack and remove all the spark plugs. even still though compression across all 4 cyl was at least 175+ (w/ throttle closed). i'll have to try another time.

but i still wanna find out which one is the fuel pump relay for other upcoming projects.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"on the inside of the cover there should be a map of the fuse layout that shows what each fuse is. there is also a similar fuse panel under the hood next to the drivers side strut tower... it may be in there."</div>

with all due respect, nope that's about as good as the russel stover's candy map in a can of spagetti-o's (basically your looking in the wrong spots). it's not a fuse, it's a relay located above the dead pedal. i just need to figure out which one it is. i appreciate your attempt but other's guesstimations and lack of never actually doing it, is what got me into this mess. plus that stuff on the list of fuses is all in code, as i mentioned in another thread, what the hell is b+ that's a rhitorical question for now.

did webtech get rid of thier word search?

and patreezy, get some midol for your bleeding brakes, that way it's not as much of a b****.

again i appreciate the responses!