Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

IM choices?

Old 12-04-2004, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: IM choices?

thanks for all the help man!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Exhaust Question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm surprised no one has made an IM with short runners for high rpm use.</div>

It tends to make the low end really soggy and our tibs do not rev out far enough to make a short ram intake work...HOWEVER.. with time and trials... you could probably come up with a shorter length intake that would be a nice compromise
Old 12-06-2004, 08:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Hey all. New chick here. :)

Seems how we are on the subject, I was wondering if any of the major name brand IM like VENOM would work on our cars. (I really like the look of their IM) I know that they have MANY applications, but I haven't checked lately if they've added our car. smile.gif
Old 12-06-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, get a BBTB and match your IM opening to it. There is a limit when you should stop and you can definitely see when you have to stop.
with runers, just port them a bit to match the head inlet and then polish the hell out of them!</div>

Not quite, you want to leave the last inch of the runners rough for better fuel atomisation. If you polish it all, the flow of air is less likely to have slight turbulence that is required for the fuel to mix with the air properly.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Hey all. New chick here. :)

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was refering to polishing runners, opening can be cleaned a bit, but not made like a mirror.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Looking for Gen. 2 Switches

if i was you, I would consider porting the stock manifold.

you can gain 5% flow with doing a mod like that and it is basically free if you have the tools on hand..

I port manifolds for my Xd friends all the time and I have ported my own manifold..

I enlarge each runner about 2 inches inward... and i enlarge the throttle body port to a slightly larger size to match my ported stock TB ... (which I also ported ) ..

Here are some picstures of it:

As you can see, the runners are ported but not polished, however they are hand-sanded to a baby-butt smoothness.

It takes me about 2 hours to port 1 manifold. and about 1 our total to remove & re-install the manifold itself.