Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Idiot Lights

Old 02-15-2006, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Yep, I would start by looking at the bulbs. Take off gauge cluster (you can find how to do it on WebTech). do not forget to disconect negative terminal on the battery before you start. And look at all of the bulbs. It's also possible that you have a short somewhere that burns bulbs.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:14 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

fuses are everywhere in our vehicals.

oil, fuel, and check engine share one common line.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

ok. shoot, so I may just have to remove the entire dash to take a look at the instrument panel. So noone know of a common procedure that would be used to disable the airbag light?
The other thing I noticed, that may or may not be related, is that my backlighting has been disapearing from the right side of my guage cluster (underneath the temperature guage). There seems to be 3 bulbs that are not coming on. After I run my car for 3 hours or so, the start coming back on. Does anyone know how this could tie in?
I will tear apart my dash, but its -35ËšC today, so I think I had better wait.
DrivingTib - you say oil, fuel, and CEL is all on one line? would you so kindly be able to point me to the fuse?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

uhh, did you check the fuses under the hood AND in the cabin (by the clutch pedal) ?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Yes. They all seemed to look fine. (What I was wondering was if anyone happened to know of the specific fuse that would do this, that I may have overlooked.....)
Old 02-15-2006, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

how does a fuse seem to look fine?

Either it blew, or it didn't...

I think your problem is you are too low on idiot light fluid....
ninja.gif
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 PM

Seem to look fine.... eg. maybe I missed one?
I dont know where I would check the idiot light fluid. shrug.gif
Old 02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkypc @ Feb 15 2006, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok. shoot, so I may just have to remove the entire dash to take a look at the instrument panel. So noone know of a common procedure that would be used to disable the airbag light?
The other thing I noticed, that may or may not be related, is that my backlighting has been disapearing from the right side of my guage cluster (underneath the temperature guage). There seems to be 3 bulbs that are not coming on. After I run my car for 3 hours or so, the start coming back on. Does anyone know how this could tie in?
I will tear apart my dash, but its -35ËšC today, so I think I had better wait.
DrivingTib - you say oil, fuel, and CEL is all on one line? would you so kindly be able to point me to the fuse?</div>

I'l take a quick look on hmaservice tomorrow. IF you say your fuel light works though, I wouldn't bother. I would, however, pull out your instrument cluster and check the back for loose or damaged connectors, overheated circuit board, possibly a diode broken. Do tibby01's glow needle mod while you're at it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Feb 15 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how does a fuse seem to look fine?

Either it blew, or it didn't...

I think your problem is you are too low on idiot light fluid....
ninja.gif</div>

if you blow a fuse by slowly increasing amperage to the point it burns out, rather then shorting batt to ground, it is possible to "slow blow" a quick blow fuse and have it show no signs of blowing.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

do you have a multimeter?

it's easy to check fuses with that shizzle, you don't even need to take fuses out.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 AM
DTN

-- 5 minute search on HMASERVICE.COM

click here

should be dash fuse #10. But then again, if it IS the problem, you won't have oil pressure, fuel, check engine, seat belt, enine charge or E-Brake, or charge lights. Next check would be lights burned out. I would definately see if anything is damaged on the back of the circuit board. If you get to that point and are not sure, snap a picture of it and post it. Alot of people here know what "right" looks like