Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Icey Roads :( Help Me Fix My...

Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Help me fix my corner light...here's the story of how it happened but if you don't care then just skip the following paragraph and read the rest
Just got my clear corners a couple weeks ago and my KDM glass headlights, so the front end's lookin pretty nice. I'm cruisin on the interstate at 74mph (thats the best speed to get where ur going a little quicker and not get pulled over wink1.gif) Anyway, it's snowing out and I'm driving into it so I guess I didn't really realize how bad the roads actually were, I mean I felt pretty safe doing 74. A mile up the road evidently a guy must have went into the ditch or something because everyone in the right lane was slowed way down, I saw the right-laners going slow so I tapped the brakes to let off my cruise and I was gonna coast ahead and then decide if I needed to slow down or not -- again, I was being safe. When all of a sudden this asshole trucker in a semi whos in the right lane a little ways ahead of me puts his blinker on and starts to merge over, he was going really slow (probably like 50-60) in the right lane and I was going probably about 70 in the left, if I didn't brake I would have rear-ended him in no time. So I instinctively hit the brakes, not that hard but hard enough obviously. The next thing I remember is the ass-end swinging hard to the right, and then all of a sudden I'm sliding sideways/backwards, facing all the cars coming at me. For that split second I was so scared, I could see the del sol I just passed coming right at me, his headlights glaring right at me. And being that the car was completely out of control I was like a deer in the headlights.. So I'm facing all the cars coming at me and I swerve hard and just aim for the ditch. Do another 180 and end up facing forward in the ditch. Took out a reflector post on the way, lol. For a few seconds I sat there stunned, kind of afraid to get out and look at the tib, I know I hit that post and landed in the ditch pretty hard (70mph!). I got out and looked around, got to the pass. side and my blinker was sticking out, so immediately I started freaking thinking maybe that my glass headlights broke, luckily they didn't though. Now I notice that theres a bunch of blue fluid in the snow and some white plastic pieces, along with my mudguard broken around it. First thing I thought was coolant, omg, now I would have to get a tow 2 hours from home!? Lucky again, it was just the windshield washer fluid reservoir (so I need a new one of those if anyone's got one..) I ended up alright and not too much damage to the car, but the wench-out from the wrecker cost me $130.
Anyway, the important part of this post -- for anyone that's ever looked at an RD1 corner light, there's two important pieces that keep it sitting in the bumper. There's the little plastic leg that has a hole where a screw goes into the headlight, and then theres a little plastic connector that sort of clips into the headlight. The whole 'leg' piece snapped off in the accident, anyone have any ideas of how to attach it to my headlight now? The clip piece is alright. Here's a pic, probably unless you've seen these lights before you won't really get it, but yeah:

thx
Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 PM

Help me fix my corner light...here's the story of how it happened but if you don't care then just skip the following paragraph and read the rest
Just got my clear corners a couple weeks ago and my KDM glass headlights, so the front end's lookin pretty nice. I'm cruisin on the interstate at 74mph (thats the best speed to get where ur going a little quicker and not get pulled over wink1.gif) Anyway, it's snowing out and I'm driving into it so I guess I didn't really realize how bad the roads actually were, I mean I felt pretty safe doing 74. A mile up the road evidently a guy must have went into the ditch or something because everyone in the right lane was slowed way down, I saw the right-laners going slow so I tapped the brakes to let off my cruise and I was gonna coast ahead and then decide if I needed to slow down or not -- again, I was being safe. When all of a sudden this asshole trucker in a semi whos in the right lane a little ways ahead of me puts his blinker on and starts to merge over, he was going really slow (probably like 50-60) in the right lane and I was going probably about 70 in the left, if I didn't brake I would have rear-ended him in no time. So I instinctively hit the brakes, not that hard but hard enough obviously. The next thing I remember is the ass-end swinging hard to the right, and then all of a sudden I'm sliding sideways/backwards, facing all the cars coming at me. For that split second I was so scared, I could see the del sol I just passed coming right at me, his headlights glaring right at me. And being that the car was completely out of control I was like a deer in the headlights.. So I'm facing all the cars coming at me and I swerve hard and just aim for the ditch. Do another 180 and end up facing forward in the ditch. Took out a reflector post on the way, lol. For a few seconds I sat there stunned, kind of afraid to get out and look at the tib, I know I hit that post and landed in the ditch pretty hard (70mph!). I got out and looked around, got to the pass. side and my blinker was sticking out, so immediately I started freaking thinking maybe that my glass headlights broke, luckily they didn't though. Now I notice that theres a bunch of blue fluid in the snow and some white plastic pieces, along with my mudguard broken around it. First thing I thought was coolant, omg, now I would have to get a tow 2 hours from home!? Lucky again, it was just the windshield washer fluid reservoir (so I need a new one of those if anyone's got one..) I ended up alright and not too much damage to the car, but the wench-out from the wrecker cost me $130.
Anyway, the important part of this post -- for anyone that's ever looked at an RD1 corner light, there's two important pieces that keep it sitting in the bumper. There's the little plastic leg that has a hole where a screw goes into the headlight, and then theres a little plastic connector that sort of clips into the headlight. The whole 'leg' piece snapped off in the accident, anyone have any ideas of how to attach it to my headlight now? The clip piece is alright. Here's a pic, probably unless you've seen these lights before you won't really get it, but yeah:

thx
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I know exactly what parts you are talking about (the little plastic "nubs")...

FYI: My corner lights are ONLY held on by the screw you screw in from the top and somewhat by the middle nub that clips into the headlight (black piece that pops out of the corner). But just barely.

I have no movement, they haven't fallen off. ...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I know exactly what parts you are talking about (the little plastic "nubs")...

FYI: My corner lights are ONLY held on by the screw you screw in from the top and somewhat by the middle nub that clips into the headlight (black piece that pops out of the corner). But just barely.

I have no movement, they haven't fallen off. ...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:01 PM

No, the screw part broke off.

The 'clip' or 'nub' as you say, is the part that is OK.

so any idea on how to fix that??

*pretty impressive pics for a cell phone huh?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:01 PM

No, the screw part broke off.

The 'clip' or 'nub' as you say, is the part that is OK.

so any idea on how to fix that??

*pretty impressive pics for a cell phone huh?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

damm.. that sucks.. What about breaking ur old Amber/white corners and hot glue it to the clear corner one?
Just an idea
Old 01-31-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

damm.. that sucks.. What about breaking ur old Amber/white corners and hot glue it to the clear corner one?
Just an idea
Old 01-31-2006, 10:40 PM

Ah sounds pretty scary! sad.gif When i rear ended someone a couple of weeks ago i broke my clear corner too. Just ordered a new one. I like rd1tib's idea. fing02.gif
Old 01-31-2006, 10:40 PM

Ah sounds pretty scary! sad.gif When i rear ended someone a couple of weeks ago i broke my clear corner too. Just ordered a new one. I like rd1tib's idea. fing02.gif