Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I Need A Replacement Maf

Old 11-04-2005 | 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They can't void any warranty because of your CAI.

They'd have to PROVE your CAI caused the problem.
Old 11-05-2005 | 02:08 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't understand, what's to prove? different stuf before maf, different stuff after maf.

In order to put in a CAI, they could say you tamperd with the MAF, seals, and associated wiring. If you were to put nitrous in the car and never used it, your water jackets blew from manufacturer's defect, i don't think there's a chance they'd replace the engine.
Old 11-05-2005 | 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, they could definately void a warranty for the maf if you have a CAI installed.
Old 11-05-2005 | 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I just had a nice reply setup and the site refused to take it so I lost it all.

The plain fact is they cannot legally refuse your warranty because you did aftermarket modifications to it. They have to PROVE that your modification caused the problem.

The ONLY way a CAI could mess up your MAF is if you either didn't have a filter on it and something hit the maf in the intake stream, or if the oil from your filter somehow destroyed it.

There are no seals on the MAF, the instructions for installing a CAI have no tampering with the MAF at all, and unless you took it apart or something, there is no voiding that warranty. The MAF is made to unclip from the harness easily, so that's not even voidable from your warranty.

It's a federal law man.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm