Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I Need Help. I Need A Mode $08 Scan

Old 07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It is done. The only thing I have found so far is a mode $05 code, TID $32, data: 0000 0010 closes off the IAC temporarily and disconnects communications.
Still working on it, however I believe there may be no official mode $08
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I am willing to try this with you. I run Linux on all my PC's so im no stranger to it and my laptop has Fedora 13 and Windows 7 if needed on it but all I am missing is the USB OBD-II cable.

In the next few months after I sell my 97 Prelude I plan on buying this tool for my LS1 Camaro since I need to delete certain sensors that trip my SES light due to specific Modifications I have done to the car and parts that have been removed.

Jet Dynamic Spectrum Tuners

This tool does not support Hyundai vehicles but it does come with cables. I'm not sure if they would be compatible with your software or not.

I am very interested in following and helping you out with this project. I also have other OBD Linux software downloaded but I have not invested in a cable yet so I haven't tried them out. I do have an old AutoXray scan tool that reads all OBD-II vehicles and gives live data readings of certain sensors and also allows me to reset the check engine light from the tool as well so it can be used to compare live sensor values against the other software too.

Let me know if you want my help.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:59 AM
DTN

In the last post, read the first two words.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok. The first two words are "It is". I assume you meant the first 3 words. But the second line says still working on it. confused.gif

Never mind my original post then.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 PM
DTN

I'm actually rewriting everything I've done before, but this time in a more extensible language. The exploratory scanning feature will be available once OBD2ner is released. The new scanner will be GUI based, so you can really play with your car and find out what makes it tick. I've had alot of fun with just exploring text and reading hexidecimal. I can't wait until I get this done and have processed data to view.

But yeah.. for now, no more data collection is required.