Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I Need Help

Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i'm not to sure of how ghetto this idea is but instead of removing any kinda box-...there is a black oval on the inside of the door jam (right next to the loop that the door latches on to) on the black oval there is a button and a phillips head screw. when the door hits the button the chime stops. i THINK if you undo that phillips head screw that you will find the ground to the button. undo the ground (prolly best to tape it off well. that way it doesn't complete the circuit). then put it all back together and test it!

i'm not sure this will work on rd's but it worked with my old car. good luck!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:51 AM

^^^ steve

I've done something simular to that but I just unplugged the unit. It stopped the door chime but it always disabled my alarm to that door. I believe if you mess with the ground and don't complete the circut and have an alarm you will disable it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but thats what happened to my car when I did this. It was a good thing I tested before anything happened.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

makes sense. * "the more you know" yeah i don't have an alarm so there's no way for me to know about that. thanks for the info though!