Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I like this kit too

Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

They weren't even close to 4000 pounds. They ranged from 2,568 lbs to 2853 lbs with convertibles pushing near 3000 lbs. Even my 87 Fox body Cougar XR-7 5.0l only tips the scale at a hair under 3,250lbs.

Also, I got as high as 39mpg in my Cougar on the highway. Typical combined mileage was around 20-25mpg for me depending on how much highway driving I was doing.

To me the RD design seems rushed. Some of the details look like they weren't really thought out, especially in the front. I don't like the headlight fitment. I don't think the "nose of the frog" looks good. They corrected that a lot in the RD2, that's the main reason I prefer the RD2 over the RD. I feel the same way about the GK. The GK F/L fixed most of the issues I had with the 03-04. I still prefer the 05-06 style to the 07-08 F/L 2, mostly because I don't like how the grille on the 07-08 is designed. Far too plain and no aggressiveness at all. A Hana front bumper makes the 07-08 pretty sexy though.

I would have to walk around an RD to point out all the things I don't care for. It's not that I couldn't walk around most cars and pick out what are flaws in my opinion. Especially on the cars I own. I know their flaws well, looking a them every day. smile.gif
Old 02-28-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

gah oops i'm thinking of the original mustang. yeah 3,000 lbs sounds about right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I would have to walk around an RD to point out all the things I don't care for. It's not that I couldn't walk around most cars and pick out what are flaws in my opinion. Especially on the cars I own. I know their flaws well, looking a them every day.</div>

hahah!!! i think the same exact thing, except instead of all your reasons are reversed instead of the RD, it's RD2, GK and FL being rushed. i have no understanding what's not to like, and what is liked in the other cars. my only explanation i can think of is chemistry, like two siblings turning out completely different because the chromosomes were swapped during the Mitotic process. a part of our tastes were swapped hahaha.

as much as i'd like to walk these issues through i'd say let's create a thread to settle the score, but because it's personal taste and it has to do with division rather than bringing together, and as they call beating a donkey, that wouldn't be such a good idea of mine :/
Old 02-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Part of it is that to me it always looks like a RD has had a minor collision in the front end, pushing the hood back and buckling things. But no, that's the way it's supposed to be.

I would own one, it's just a bit awkward in the front.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 hyundai tiburon

completely agree with you on the FL2 front bumper 187... it is disgusting... supposably im gettin the hana this month or next then just gotta get the cash together to have it properly fitted and some of the other blemishes on her face touched up.