Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I finally got my tib fixed

Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Clean your MAF with MAF cleaner. Be very careful about it because it's incredibly fragile.

Also it would be good to put it on an OBD II scanner again and see where your Long Term Fuel Trim is set at. I believe you'll find that it's over-enriching beyond the specs that the car feels is safe based on the amount of air it reads as coming in from the MAF. So dirty MAF or not enough fuel flow due to clogged injectors or low fuel pressure is likely.

This code doesn't mean that your car isn't running right, it means that the ECU is having to correct out of the range that it is comfortable with so it's letting you know. It's not that common of a code for cars in the year range that you have but it's really common for 05+ Tiburons. That code comes up occasionally on Stacy's car since the CAI and catback exhaust.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon FX

Im also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my car has Wilburs 1.8L ecu on instead of my 2.0L
Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

If you still have your 2.0 ECU then swap it back and see if the same/any code comes up.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It could have to do with the ECU. Try switching back.